- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A descendant of captured Clan Goliath Scorpion Star Colonel Vlad Dinour, Charles continued his sire's tradition of Dinour leadership within the Wolves' 4th Striker Cluster. He maintained a blend of Wolf and Goliath Scorpion traditions in his Cluster, including the Scorpion tradition of keeping pets. Nicknamed "The Black Swan" for his graceful features and love for black clothing, Dinour was chosen for command of the 4th Striker Cluster two months prior to the beginning of the Inner Sphere invasion despite protests that he was too young and inexperienced.
Another reason that many other officers protested Star Colonel Dinour's rise to command of the 4th Striker stems from an incident that has never been expounded upon. During this incident, Charles Dinour was captured by the Goliath Scorpions in a Trial of Possession. Though he would eventually go back to the Wolves, his return took an unusually long time. Since his elevation to command, Star Colonel Dinour has done very well considering his lack of experience, though some remain suspicious of his time spent away with the Scorpions.
Operation Revival and Beyond
During the invasion, the 4th Striker would see action at Dawn, Moritz, Skokie, Thannhausen and Galuzzo, taking victory at each drop without too much resistance. Star Colonel Dinour was wounded during the fighting on Tukayyid. He would retain command of the 4th Striker until 3059, though his fate is not clearly known.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 104 - "Star Colonel Charles Dinour"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 57 through 69 - "Wolf Clan Occupation Zone"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 103 - "4th Striker Cluster"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 74 - "Deployment Table"