- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A scion of the wealthy and influential Kincaid family, Charles Kincaid has the distinction of being the test pilot of the MSK-5S Mackie during the first combat trial for a BattleMech. In 2439, Kincaid's Mackie squared off against - and promptly destroyed - a number of remote controlled Merkava Mk. VI heavy tanks, ushering in the age of the BattleMech with its demonstration.
As the Kincaid family had vested interests in a number of weapon firms and Charles Kincaid himself enjoyed good relations with the ruling Cameron family invariably faced charges of favouritism, but nevertheless Kincaid proved himself a capable pilot at the controls of the Mackie. As a result, Kincaid - then a Colonel - went on to command a company of BattleMechs within the 801st Heavy Armored Regiment. In 2443 the 801st would in turn be involved in the first ever battle in the Inner Sphere to involve BattleMechs, when a lance from the 801st went on to destroy a company of armor with infantry support from a raiding party from the Draconis Combine outside the city of Barbados on the planet Styx, although whether Kincaid was involved directly in this battle is unknown.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 186, "Notable Mechwarriors"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 13
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 174, "Merkava Mk. VIII Heavy Tank"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 41, "Planet Profile"
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 5, "The New Knights"