Christopher Marik (24th c.)
- This article is about the 3rd Captain-General of the Free Worlds League. For the fourth child of Jessica Marik, see Christopher Marik (32nd c.).
In 2305, Christopher married Madelyne Sian of the Sian Commonality. Parliament passed a law that specifically barred the offspring of this union from becoming Captain-General, though it did not exclude Christopher himself. Parliament considered Sian a hostile neighbor and did not want to take chances allowing the family into the line of succession. Christopher's descendants became known as the "Sian-Mariks".
Death and afterward
The young deaths of Madelyne and Christopher left their children to be raised by other family members. Kyle and Dorian did not understand their parents' decision to allow them to be excluded from the Captain-Generalcy and grew bitter and resentful of the ruling Marik line. This grew into outright violence when the siblings assassinated Captain-General Geraldine Marik in 2364. The fratricidal conflict lasted until 2436.
Titles and positions
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 82, "Captain-Generals in History"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 13, "Dynastic Associations"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 14
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 14, "Sian-Marik: Born Killers"