- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Cluster Shells are special munitions fired by Long Tom, Sniper and Thumper artillery. The shells are designed to explode in mid-air, showering the area below with miniature bomblets. Cluster shells are particularly adept at inflicting damage on an opponent attempting to take cover within defensive positions.
Infantry in a hex hit by Cluster ammunition are considered in open terrain regardless of any defensive fieldwork, while 'Mechs and other vehicles resolve such hits as a Shot from Above. Units hiding within a building are protected, although the building itself may take damage as per normal rules.
- Tactical Operations, p. 354