Colonization Procedure Referendum
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Following this disaster, the Terran Alliance Parliament passed the Colonization Procedure Referendum restricting and regulating all colonization activity. All extrasolar colonization was to be controlled by the Alliance Foreign Ministry and escorted by the newly formed Terran Space Navy. Further requirements included stipulations that all colony ships would need to be registered with the Alliance and equipped with a transponder continuously broadcasting a unique identifier, no person with a name on a list of subversives would be allowed to travel without a special waiver and colonies would be appointed an Alliance governor, who had the authority to use force. The law's provisions took effect immediately upon its passage.
This had the unintended effect of curbing colonization temporarily.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 12
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 12