Combat Loss Groupings
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
CLG postulates that BattleMechs in a combat situation would suffer roughly equal amounts of damage over the course of the engagement, and therefore reach critical damage levels all around the same time. The unit as such will remain at full strength until CLG is reached, at which point further damage will begin to incapacitate or destroy 'Mechs, weaken the unit and cause enemy fire to be concentrated on ever fewer 'Mechs in the unit, creating a cascade effect that will cause extreme losses within a very short timeframe compared to little or no losses up to that point in battle.
MechWarriors are therefore wary of CLG, and seek to either decide a battle or withdraw in good order before the CLG threshold is reached.
- The CLG concept was introduced and described by William H. Keith in the novel The Price of Glory, chapter 33.