- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Inner Sphere Military Ranks|
|For specific ranks see Military Ranks|
The Commanding General or Commanding Admiral, depending on their branch of service, was the commander-in-chief of the original Star League Defense Force and afterwards the Second Star League Defense Force. The commanding officer of the first SLDF was appointed by First Lord, with the approval of the Star League Council.
In the second SLDF, the commanding officer was also appointed by the First Lord, with the Council of Lords only able to override an appointment by two-thirds majority. The commanding officer had the authority to deploy up to ten regiments of troops, with larger deployments requiring the authorization of the Council.
The Commanding General of both SLDFs wore four three-dimensional stars on their collar as rank insignia, while a Commanding Admiral wore four cuff stripes.
- List of Commanding Generals/Admirals
|First SLDF, 2571 - 2765|
|General Shandra Noruff-Cameron||2571 - 2575|
|General Dangmar Lee||2575 - 2597|
|General Nicholas Kinnol||2649 - 2690|
|General Killian Squarn-Turk||2646 - 2680|
|Admiral David Peterson||2680 - 2707|
|General Ikolor Fredasa||2707 - 2729|
|General Rebecca Fetladral||2729 - 2738|
|General Aleksandr Kerensky||2738 - 2801|
|Second SLDF, 3058 - 3067|
|Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht||3058 - 3061|
|Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion||3061 - 3062|
|Hohiro Kurita||3062 - 3067|
Comparable Ranks and Positions
Several positions in other military forces can be considered equivalent to Commanding General, primarily:
- The Star League, p. 112
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 79
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 76