|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Strength Through Adversity|
|Parent Formation||I Corps|
|Formed||Early Succession Wars|
The Concordat Jaegers was a Taurian Concordat military formation which was originally a mixed unit of BattleMechs with infantry support and which was assigned to the I Corps brigade of the Taurian Defense Force.
- 1 Unit Insignia and Color Scheme
- 2 History
- 3 Officers
- 4 Tactics
- 5 Composition History
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Unit Insignia and Color Scheme
The Jaegers' insignia was a five-pointed star surrounded by laurel leaves. Units belonging to the Jaegers painted their machines a flat reddish-brown and have emblem of the Taurian Concordat painted at the most forward point.
Formation during the Succession Wars
The Jaegers, like the other Taurian Concordat forces, were formed after the fall of the Star League and departure of the SLDF in 2784. The Jaegers were raised from defense battalions located on Atreus Prime and New Vallis. The Jaegers would go on to serve along the Capellan border, where they conducted their most noted action of the era; in 2998, the Jaegers conducted the Taurian Concordat's only raid against the Capellan Confederation. In a raid against Liao world of Larsha, the Jaegers successfully raided a Supply Depot. During these times the Jaegers were considered to be of Veteran skill and consisted of on average number of Medium class BattleMechs in its' formations.
Post Succession War era
The Jaegers did not see much action in 3030s through 3050s.
St. Ives Conflict
In the early 3060s the Concordat Jaegers were sent into the St. Ives Compact alongside the Taurian Velites as a part of the TDF's contribution of troops to the conflict. When open hostilities broke out in what became the Capellan-St. Ives Civil War the Jaegers faced off against the 7th FedCom RCT and Illician Lancers. In the later stages of the conflict the Jaegers received a lot of credit for their battle against the 2nd St. Ives Lancers on Warlock, where they fought the Lancers to a stand still, and the Jaegers went on to form a part of the final assault against the Compact's capital world of St. Ives.
Rebuilding & Return to the Concordat
The fighting in the Compact hand changed the character of the Jaegers. The unit's third battalion had been completely lost in the war, and the survivors of the shattered elite Taurian Velites were integrated into the Jaegers as the Jaegers' new third Battalion at the command of then-General Brenda Calderon.  The Jaegers were then stationed on Taga. The regiment was also enhanced with new technology salvaged from the fighting, and now included larger 'Mechs. This forced the unit to change its tactics.
After returning to the Concordat the Jaegers were spread thinly, defending the border with the rest of I Corps. As of 3067 the Jaegers were assigned to the worlds of Argos, Regis Roost and New Vandenberg. On Regis Roost the Jaegers' aerospace support, the 2nd Air Division, was assigned to provide cover for the ground elements assigned there. The Jaegers were kept busy fighting with such pirates groups as the Calderon Commandos. Due to the Jaegers' ties with former General Brenda Calderon the unit's rating of loyalty was ranked at questionable during this period. 
After the Jihad ended the Concordat Jaegers were assigned to garrison Ridgebrook and Flintoft. The harsh fighting led some of the Jaegers to question their actions during the Jihad. The Jaegers found themselves on the front lines during Operation MATADOR, the Federated Suns counter offensive against the Concordat; on Flintoft, the Jaegers came under heavy attack from AFFS forces led by the Davion Assault Guards and the 1st Syrtis Fusiliers, while on Ridgebrook they faced both the 59th Strike Regiment and the Syrtis Avengers, led personally by Field Marshal Nathaniel Hasek, the commander of the AFFS task force assigned to MATADOR. The assault on Flintoft resulted in the Jaegers losing two battalions.
Field Marshal Hasek was killed in an ambush in mid-June 3080, prompting an internal conflict in the chain of command between the Avengers and the 59th Strike, at which point the Taurian forces on Ridgebrook informed the AFFS troops that the major cities on the world had been booby-trapped with nuclear devices. Should any AFFS unit enter one of these cities, the Taurians would detonate the corresponding nuke to destroy the AFFS unit in question, while also inflicting heavy casualties on the civilian population. This announcement reduced the battle to an uneasy stalemate, with the Jaegers clashing with the AFFS in small battles away from the major population centers; the Jaegers were then reinforced by the 1st Taurian Lancers in mid-June, who had managed to run the AFFS blockade of the system.
In 3081 it was reported that the Jaegers forces on Flintoft had been destroyed by the combined forces of the 1st Syrtis Fusiliers and the Davion Assault Guards during MATADOR, with the Jaegers forces on Ridgebrook reduced to just over a third of their established strength by the end of the war.
The third battalion of the Concordat Jaegers, reinforced by the First Taurian Lancers, were able to hold on to Ridgebrook despite being outnumbered by the Fifty-ninth Striker mercenary unit. By employing hit and run tactics during the assault, the Jaegers were able to keep the system in Taurian hands once the armistice was signed. Since that time the unit, now down to two companies, has been redeployed to Dicallus to protect the new Taurian-FedSuns border. Many observers expect the survivors of the Concordat Jaegers and Red Chasseurs to merge as both units are so dramatically under-strength.
The Concordat Jaegers of 3145 were stationed on Midale and Johnson's Hold. From there they defended the Concordat from raids and attacks by both the Federated Suns and Capellan Confederation. They also conducted raids of their own, often at the direction of the Protector.
Originally, the Unit used its near-all medium sized BattleMechs force to outmaneuver pirate raiders. After the Capellan-St. Ives Civil War, the unit gained heavier BattleMechs, these tactics have changed.
Concordat Jaegers (Regular/Reliable)
- At this point in time the Jaegers were a medium-weight regiment and were stationed on New Vallis.
Concordat Jaegers (Regular/Reliable)
- At this point in time the Jaegers were a medium-weight regiment stationed on Brinton, but had been reduced to just over one-third strength.
- CO: Colonel Patrick Storfing
- 1st Battalion (Veteran/Fanatical) - CO: Subaltern Kai Shoguwa
- 2nd Battalion (Veteran/Reliable) - CO: Subaltern Beatrice Davenport
- 3rd Battalion (Veteran/Reliable) - CO: Subaltern Mikhail Kandlnsky
- Supported with attached Infantry, Aerospace Fighters forces, while also having DropShip & JumpShip support to transport them all.
- CO: Colonel Kai Shoguwa
- 1st Battalion - CO: Subaltern Brigid Heckman
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Subaltern Carol Trenouth
- 3rd Battalion - Co: Subaltern Alfred Bonifachio
Concordat Jaegers (BattleMech Regiment)
- CO: Colonel Kai Shoguwa
- 1st Battalion (Veteran/Fanatical) - CO: Brigadier Brigid Heckman
- 2nd Battalion (Veteran/Reliable) - CO: Brigadier Carol Trenouth
- 3rd Battalion (Veteran/Reliable) - Co: Brigadier James Howard
- All three Battalions are considered Veterans skilled. The unit's loyalty range from 1st Battalion's being fanatical, while remaining are rated as reliable. Garrison locations: 1st Battalion is assigned to New Vandenberg, 2nd Battalion on Pinard, and 3rd Battalion on Burton.
Concordat Jaegers (BattleMech Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Carol Trenouth
- 1st Battalion - CO: Brigade Kevin Stills
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Brigade James Howard
- 3rd Battalion - Co: Brigade Charise Helser
- CO: Cornet Phan Mah Lut
Concordat Jaegers (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Carol Trennouth
2nd Velites Air Division (Wing/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Senior Air Master Phan Mah Lut
The severe fighting along the Federated Suns border reduced the Concordat Jaegers strength to seventy percent of their listed strength. In addition though they gained a great deal of experience, the actions of the TDF during the war led them to question their commander's behavior.
Concordat Jaegers (1 Battalion/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Phan Mah Lut
2nd Velites Air Division(Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Senior Air Master Olufemi Kleid
Concordat Jaegers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Fred Cook
2nd Velites Air Division (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Senior Air Master Dorothy Evans
- The Periphery (1988), Unit Symbol listed.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 58 Unit color scheme noted.
- The Periphery (1988), p. 77, Concordat Jaegers - Unit brief history during the Succession Wars.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 59, Concordat Jaegers - Unit history update, including fighting in St. Ives.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 59 - Unit rebuilt with elements of the old Taurian Velites.
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 108 Fair-Weather Friends: Relations with the Magistracy - Unit named as being shattered with the Taurian Velites.
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 120 Periphery Allies - 2 Battalions of the Jaegers listed on Taga and their vet rating and loyality listed.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 202 Taurian Defense Forces 3067 - Unit postings listed.
- Field Manual:Updates, p. 193, I Corps/Deployment table of 3067 - Jaegers were not named in I Corp info but brigade info suggests assigned has gone through some rough times. Force's strength is now 100 percent since its shattering in St. Ives fighting.
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 12
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 27, "A World Held Hostage"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 27, "Bearding The Bull"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 54
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 115, "Taurian Concordat"
- Field Manual: 3085, pp. 141-142, 150
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 142
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 194
- Periphery (sourcebook), p. 77 Concordat Jaegers - commanding officer named.
- 20 Year Update, p. 77 Taurian Concordat Deployment Table - 3050
- Objective Raids, p. 48, "TDF Deployment Table - 3054"
- The Periphery (1996), p. 22, "TDF Deployment Table - 3058"
- Field Manual: Periphery, 59 - New commanding officer listed
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 202, "TDF Deployment Tabel - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 150, "TDF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 201, "I Corps"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 59 Concordat Jaguars/Tactics- Originally used fitness of speed of medium BattleMech force, new heavier 'Mechs changed this.
- First Succession War, p. 140, "Major Periphery States"
- Periphery 1st Edition, p. 81, "TDF Deployment Table - 3025"
- The Periphery (1988), p. 77 Concordat Jaegers - Unit status and specs.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 59, "Concordat Jaegers" - Unit details from 3062.