|Manufacturer|| Hinsdale Elec |
Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||Pitban 1350-XRB|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||208 tons|
|Fuel (days)||113 days|
|Armament|| 1x PPC |
5x Large Lasers
8x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| 33 tons |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||8/10|
One of the few military aerodyne ships capable of planetary landings, the Condors wings are extremely sturdy and less susceptible to control surface damage than other aerodyne DropShips. The unique design of Condors hollow wings are also less well known for a large amount of "dead" space, accessible via a series of passageways, which Condor crew rarely reveal to non-crew and reserve for "off the record" cargo. As infantry carriers go, the Condor features unusually spacious barracks-style quarters for its infantry troops, as well as a very well equipped medical facility for the ship's size.
Like many troop carriers, the Condor features a merely adequate weapons array, with a single PPC, LRM-15, AC/5 and twin Medium Lasers mounted in the nose, with a AC/5, two Large Lasers and two medium lasers carried in forward facing mounts in each wing. A single large laser and two more mediums ward the rear, while four tons of autocannon munitions and three tons of missile reloads provide reasonable endurance during combat.
On paper, the Condor features total four-hundred ton cargo capacity, divided between facilities to carry 336 infantrymen, 12 Platoons, and up to twenty light Combat Vehicles to carry them, with ten tons of "off the record" storage capacity in the wings.
- Dove - Introduced after the Fourth Succession War, about two dozen Condors have been converted to hospital ships, with the cargo bays replaced with treatment wards for 150 patients and 75 medical staff and ten expanded operating theaters. ComStar field half of these, with the remainder distributed among the various Successor State fleets.
- Stork - Prior to the upheavals of the Word of Blake Jihad, Nimakachi was scheduled to release a purpose-built civilian cargo carrying version of the Condor to be named the Stork. By 3079 the Stork was in production at their Dalton factory.
- Upgrade - First introduced in 3054 by Nimakachi, the upgraded Condor switches the PPC and Large Laser for extended range models and adds Artemis IV FCS to the LRM launcher. While the heat sinks were replaced with Double Heat Sinks, the proximity to the PPC to the missile launcher caused the Artemis system to malfunction, resulting in movement of heat sinks to cope in models launched after late 3055. BV (1.0) = 2,549, BV (2.0)= 2,841
 See Also
 Condor Ship Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dropships and Jumpships, p.17
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 230
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 134, "New Class of Dropship to be produced by Dalton shipyards by 3069".
- ↑ Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 17
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 231