- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
Conventional Aircraft are the atmosphere-only aircraft that have been around since the Wright Flyer's first takeoff. Though modern craft are much more advanced and capable than that early model, Conventional Aircraft have been superseded in modern times by the AeroSpace Fighter, which can operate in both atmosphere and space.
However, ignoring the capabilities of conventional aircraft is a mistake. Capable of providing troop transport, reconnaissance, local air superiority, and close air support, conventional aircraft can still be an effective combat unit. Additionally, their lower construction cost and relative ease of construction is why most worlds have at least some conventional aircraft available.
Though VTOLs are considered conventional aircraft by virtue of being able to operate only in-atmosphere, VTOLs behave so differently that they are considered a completely different category of aircraft.
Conventional Aircraft are manufactured on the following planets:
- Total Warfare, p. 23, "Conventional Fighters"