- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|(Canis Latrans Tamaronis)|
|Type||Mammal, possibly genetically altered|
|Environment||Moderate climate, plains|
|Average mass||20 kg|
|Average length||80 cm|
|Average height||50 cm|
While descendants of the coyotes from Terra can be found throughout human occupied space, the coyotes found on Tamaron are of unique stock. They were introduced by Clan Coyote on that world and others in which the Clan had a presence. These coyotes are slightly larger and more intelligent than their terrestrial progenitors. They have also been found to cooperate with other predators of different species to form "hunting partnerships". This has led many to believe that the species has been genetically altered, but there has been no proof. However, as all the Clans have a well known history of genetic manipulation of themselves and other creatures, this seems highly likely.
Clan Coyote made it a practice to seed all the worlds in their holdings with this breed of coyote. Thus while Tamaron is the original world for this species, it can be found throughout the Kerensky Cluster due to Clan Coyote's breadth of possessions during the Golden Century.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 136, "Creatures"