|Unit Profile (as of 3058)|
Admirers of Waco Rangers, they grafted themselves to the Rangers for all intents and purposes during the defense of Coventry against the Jade Falcon Incursion (3058), to the point of fighting as a Rangers sub-unit, when they were part of the relief forces sent to Coventry. The Crazy Eights' 'Mechs were described as gaudy to behold, and mismatched versus the olive-and-tan paint scheme of the Waco Rangers.
Forcing their way onto the planet through the Jade Falcon forces on 10 April 3058 shortly after 1125 hours, the Crazy Eights destroyed two OmniMechs and a number of Elementals (while the Rangers destroyed eight OmniFighters and five OmniMechs). The Rangers and the Crazy Eights with them later walked into a Clan Jade Falcon trap on 21 April 3058 in a region known as the Dales, suffering heavy losses amounting to altogether 85% of their force.
Named elements of the Crazy Eights in the battle in the Dales were
- Blade's Command Lance of Alpha Company:
- Combat Lance, Bravo Company
- The Crazy Eights' second-in-command was Leftenant Richard Kay, piloting a Hunchback that also apparently escaped the Dales, albeit with heavy damage.
- In the preface to his novel Malicious Intent, author Michael Stackpole thanked "Lisa Koenigs-Cober and the members of the Crazy Eights for donating generously to charity in return for their appearances herein".
- Malicious Intent, chapter 32
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 11 (Waco Rangers
- Malicious Intent, chapters 32, 34; The Battle of Coventry, pp. 9-10; Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 27 (Touchpoints: Dales, "Aftermath")
- The Battle for Coventry, p. 42 (Scenario "Ambush", Attacker roster)
- The Battle for Coventry, p. 45 (Scenario "Rescue and Pursuit", Defender roster)
- The Battle for Coventry, p. 44