Czar (DropShip class)
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Length||82 meters meters|
|Width||82 meters meters|
|Height||99 meters meters|
|Drive System||Fusion Engine|
|Fuel (tons)||150 tons|
|Armament|| 12 x Large Lasers |
24 x Medium Lasers
|Armor||Primitive DropShip Armor|
|Crew|| 9 Officers |
1,013 Bay personnel
The Czar Class was an early multi-role military DropShip which first entered service with the Terran Hegemony in 2468. The design first was developed by the Deimos Clipperships company of Mars as the military variant of their newly made civilian Clippership V design. The Czar shares the Clippership V's technological innovation of incorporating the newly developed prototype version of the K-F Boom & Docking Collar into its design.
Czar military career would begin as standard Combat Transport for Hegemony’s Regiments used for invasions. The ship would be first teamed with then newly Liberty Class JumpShips. The ship would soldier on through the centuries, which would include serving in the SLDF. After being decommissioned from military service, the ship would linger on well after the fall of the Star League in civilian service with a few ancient survivors still active as of 3079.
Armament & Capacities
The design is armed with only energy weapons, each of its weapons bays being fitted with two Large Lasers and four Medium Lasers. Twenty-Five tons primitive grade of military armor is used to protect the DropShip's hull from enemy fire.
As one of its features, the ship has the ability to be reconfigured to carry various military formations. Initially, it was configured for Infantry battalions, but decades later it could be configured to carry a battalion of Armor and Mechanized Infantry.
- Bay 1 - Small Craft (1) - 1 door
- Bay 2 - Infantry (18 Foot Platoons) - 1 doors
- Bay 3 - Infantry (18 Foot Platoons) - 1 doors
- Bay 4 - Cargo (1,900 tons) - 2 doors
- Bay 5 - Cargo (1,900 tons) - 2 doors
- Clippership V
- Civilian version of the Czar, first commissioned 2468 along with the Czar. It first used the prototype K-F Boom & docking collar would later be used in its military sistership.
The Czar other configuations include the ability to transport; Armor Battalion, Mechanized Infantry, and carry 4 BattleMech Lances.
- Difficult to Maintain
- Docking Arms
- Improved Targeting (Short Range)
- Sensor Ghosts
- Atmospheric Flight Instability
As of this writing, the Czar's variants and its Civilian sister ship, Clippership IV & V have no published Record Sheets. Nor does the Czar that was featured in the PDF Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives Vol. III have been assigned a Battle Value.
The image of the Czar was originally used with Dictator Class DropShip.
- MUL online date for the Czar (DropShip class)
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14, 30 Czar - Background information
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14, 30 Czar - Weapons and Capacities
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Czar - Cargo bay information
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Czar - Listed Variants & Alternate Configurations of the Cargo Bays.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Design Quirks