The DCS Haruna was a Kyushu-class frigate operated by the Draconis Combine and one of the force elements contributed to Task Force Serpent in 3059 by the Combine. The DCS Haruna would participate in what became known as the Battle of Trafalgar against forces from Clan Ghost Bear in the Deep Periphery on the 15th of December 3059 and was responsible for the capture of the Ghost Bear JumpShip CGB Winter Wind as well as working with the Fox-class corvette FCS Antrim to capture the Whirlwind-class destroyer CGB Fire Fang. The battle cost the Haruna one of her DropShips, the Avenger-class DCS Hainan, which was destroyed by the Fire Fang.
On the 5th of March 3060 the DCS Haruna and the other WarShips within Task Force Serpent engaged in battle with two Vincent Mk 42-class corvettes and a Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser above the Clan Smoke Jaguar planet of Huntress. The Haruna survived this battle, and was then embroiled in a second battle against Smoke Jaguar naval forces above Huntress on the 19th of March. This time, Task Force Serpent was fighting Smoke Jaguar forces retreating from Operation Bulldog in the Inner Sphere; the Task Force faced two more Vincent Mk 42 class corvettes and a powerful Liberator-class heavy cruiser, and the Haruna was one of the Task Force ships that, while damaged, survived the engagement and remained battle-ready.
- "Twilight of the Clans", p. 8, "Task Force Serpent Composition"
- "Twilight of the Clans", p. 9, "Beyond the Periphery"
- The Hunters, p. 209, "Chapter 24"
- The Hunters, p. 216-218, "Chapter 24"
- The Hunters, p. 223-224, "Chapter 25"
- The Hunters, p. 225-230, "Chapter 26"
- The Hunters, p. 237, "Chapter 27"
- "Twilight of the Clans", p. 10, "The Conquest Begins"
- "Twilight of the Clans", p. 12, "The Conquest Continues"