Shizuoka (Individual WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The DCS Shizuoka was a battleship serving in the Draconis Combine Admiralty during the late Star League era. Following the eruption of the Amaris Coup, a combination of hostages held on Terra, thinly-veiled threats from Stefan Amaris and the deathbed orders of Takiro Kurita forced Coordinator Minoru Kurita to close the borders of the Draconis Combine to the Star League Defense Force led by Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky. Whilst this forced Kerensky to invade several Combine systems to regain access to SLDF facilities, Minoru ordered the DCMS units facing the SLDF forces to fight for a few minutes only, before executing orderly retreats. Some DCMS personnel went further still, defecting as ronin to the SLDF. Amongst those who defected were a trio of Combine WarShips - the Shizuoka and another battleship, the DCS Kumamoto, and the carrier DCS Seoul. The Seoul had been damaged, and the Kumamoto and Shizuoka served as her escorts.
The information on the Draconis Combine Admiralty in Field Report 2765: DCMS had no battleships serving in the Combine navy as of 2765, and the class of the Shizuoka is not identified in Handbook: House Kurita; no battleship classes have been identified in canon as being domestically produced by the Draconis Combine to date, making it impossible to identify the Shizuoka's class at the present point in time.
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 38, "The Long Night of Turning"