- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Swiping Claw was an Inazuma-class corvette manufactured by the Draconis Combine in the shipyards at Midway; spaceworthy by 3058, the DCS Swiping Claw was undergoing shakedown trials alongside two sister ships of the same class, the DCS Amber Lotus and DCS Winds of Heaven, before joining the lead ship of the class (the DCS Night of Agony) on active service.
By 3067 the Swiping Claw had been in service alongside her sister ships for some years, although a fifth Inazuma-class corvette under construction at the Dieron shipyards in 3058 had either never entered service or had been destroyed in service to the Dragon.
The Swiping Claw was destroyed during the Jihad; part of a significant Combine naval contingent that attempted to break the Word of Blake blockade of Benjamin in 3072, the Swiping Claw was lost along with the Night of Agony and the Kyushu-class frigate DCS Luthien in the resulting naval battle.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 15, "Aerospace Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 105, "Draconis Combine Naval Assets"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 5, "Safeguarding the Wounded Heart"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "DCA Readiness Report"