|Author||Thomas S. Gressman|
|Cover artwork||Peter Peebles|
|First published||10 April 2000|
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
|Timeline||3061 – 3062|
The novel was made available on BattleCorps on 12 January 2011 as a PDF file (text only, without cover, pictures, or any other interior artwork except for the usual BattleCorps frame graphics). The PDF copy includes a disclaimer stating that it was created from a pre-final edition text that might differ from the printed version and that canon-wise, the print edition trumps the PDF edition.
From the back cover
|“|| Edwin Amis, new commander of the Eridani Light Horse, faces a tough decision: Should he openly defy the First Lord of the Star League? Sun-Tzu Liao, the First Lord, has sent Star League troops as "peace-keepers" to the St. Ives Compact to prevent open rebellion by angry citizens—but they're not seeking peace.
Amis knows the mission is only a guise for reclaiming territory for the Capellan Confederation, and he's ready to station counter-forces on Milos, close to the heart of the Capellan capital. But on Milos, things are already escalating—Death Commando Chen Shao and his ruthless partner, Nessa Ament, have secretly murdered a dissident's family in cold blood. Now, in what could erupt into full-scale war, both forces are at each other's throats...
- Avalon-class cruiser Melissa Davion
- Feng Huang-class cruiser Elias Jung
- Invader-class JumpShip Circe
- KR-61 Long-Range Shuttle
- Lola III-class destroyer SLS Faithful (mentioned)
- Monolith-class JumpShip Gettysburg
- Overlord-class DropShips Hussar and Red Legs
- Star Lord-class JumpShip Forrest
- Union-class DropShip Farwell
- Avenging Sword and Hollings York (mentioned)