- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Seemly at odds with both the blocky appearance of the Awesome and the stereotypical look many hold of female MechWarriors, the blonde and rather petite Danielle Peterson was quite beautiful, with a joking and friendly demeanor. Her fame however came not from her beauty, but what her comrades in the 1st Chisholm's Raiders called her "knack" with her Pretty Baby, virtually becoming one with the machine, able to react as if it were her own skin. Seemingly uninhibited by the Awesomes typical lack of maneuverability, on more than one occasion when surrounded by enemy BattleMechs, she literally skipped aside to avoid an incoming missile strike aimed at her Pretty Baby. By the end of the Third Succession War, such displays of extraordinary agility made her famous in all the Successor States, with several Solaris VII stables offering her tremendous financial rewards were she to retire and join them. While not outright declining, at the time of the War of 3039 Peterson publicly maintained that her allegiance to the Federated Suns came first and that she did not intend to retire until the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns were done with her.  
While there are no indications that Danielle Peterson piloted anything other than a standard and most likely AWS-8Q variant, in MechWarrior Online the Pretty Baby Hero 'Mech first released in February 2013 is easily identified by its flashy flame paintjob and unexpected speed, achieved through the use of an 340-rated Extralight Engine. The MWO Pretty Baby (serial number AWS8V99TG-2957) also features a unique weapon loadout as well - mounting a standard PPC in the right arm, a LRM-15 in the right torso, a Medium Laser in the head, Large Laser in the left torso and an SRM-4 in the left arm. 19 Double Heat Sinks, two tons of LRM and three of SRM missiles keep it in the thick of battle.
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 104 "Assault 'Mechs - AWS-8Q Awesome"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 154 "BattleMechs - Assault 'Mechs - AWS-8Q Awesome"