- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Dante neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||427.86 : 175.12[e]|
|Recharge time||195 hours|
- 1 Dante
- 2 Dante II
The Dante system is located near the Dindatari and Morthac systems and consists of a class K4V primary orbited by at least two planets. During the thirty-first century, a recharge station was in place at the system nadir jump point.
The Dante system was either colonized by the Outworlds Alliance during the Second Succession War or was an already-inhabited system that became prominent enough during this era for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location on maps. It was a center of the Omniss movement who reject all non-essential technologies and thus had no military to speak of, and no HPG throughout the Succession Wars era. Although still officially recorded as an Outworlds Alliance system during the FedCom Civil War and Jihad time periods, the inhabited planet in the system was secretly annexed by the Word of Blake via a number of bandit proxies in 3062.
Negotiations were ongoing between Clan Snow Raven and the Outworlds Alliance in early 3071, when the Snow Ravens decided to hold a Clan Council in the Dante system. A number of Snow Raven vessels were already present in the Dante system at this point in time, including the Snow Raven flagship, the Nightlord-class battleship CSR Snow Raven. During the early stages of the Clan Council—before much had been discussed, and before many of the Bloodnamed had managed to arrive on Dante, the Snow Raven was attacked. A JumpShip jumped into the Dante system, arriving directly above the Snow Raven and so close to the battleship that the two ships interpenetrated, inflicting catastrophic damage on both. Initial reports obtained by the Outworlds Alliance media indicated that the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CSR Morning Violence had also been badly damaged in the same manner, although the Morning Violence had actually been destroyed several years before during the opening of the Wars of Reaving.
Even as the other Snow Raven ships nearby were trying to react to this attack, another JumpShip disgorged three Pocket WarShips—including at least one Union—which immediately began attacking Snow Raven ships; the Snow Ravens counterattacked, but not before those Pocket WarShips had destroyed two Carrier-class DropShips, the CSR Ebony Claw and the CSR Night Wing. The Snow Ravens reacted with extreme prejudice to the opening stages of the attack, firing on numerous ships nearby and destroying more than twenty DropShips and a total of fourteen merchant JumpShips, after the Lola III-class destroyer CSR Bloody Talon reportedly took command of the Raven forces and ordered them to fire at will. A transcript was recovered from one of those ships, a civilian agro-freighter named the Omniss Seed, detailing some of the attack and the desperate plea from the Omniss Seed, which formed the basis of the media reporting of the incident. The Bloody Talon had actually already been destroyed in 3068 during a trial for the Lum Shipyards, rendering the provenance of the transcript dubious. The initial reports claimed that a Galaxy of Snow Raven forces had been destroyed during the attack, along speculation that saKhan Broderick Sukhanov had been killed.
A few survivors were recovered from the Snow Raven, including a heavily wounded saKhan Broderick Sukhanov, but the destruction of so many vessels by the Snow Ravens resulted in vocal protests from the Outworlds Alliance Senate, who were enraged by the Clan's actions. With calls for the Snow Ravens to be expelled completely from Alliance space, it was more than a year before President Mitchell Avellar was able to calm tensions enough to bring both parties back to the negotiating table, and the Snow Ravens were forced to make many concessions in the process.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||27°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population|| 5,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)|| None (3025)|
Dante II - more commonly known simply as Dante - is the second planet in the system and has a single moon named Beatrice. Following the Jihad, Dante was host to a number of major industrial complexes, both on the surface of the planet and in orbit.
Dante was first settled after the First Succession War. The refugees from the Draconis Combine who arrived found a pleasant world ideally suited to growing Terran crops. During the late 2800s, the world has been largely demilitarized; the lack of military forces, combined with the large population of pacifistic Omniss members, meant that Dante survived most of the horrors of the Succession Wars with little damage. The planetary government actually banned any technology that didn't relate to life sciences or medical care from being imported to the world. This ban started in 2875 and remained in place until the start of the Jihad.
Dante became famous as the homeworld of the cult known as the Omniss, a pacifistic group who believed in the rejection of all technologies not considered essential for the preservation of life, which was directly responsible for the demilitarization of the world. Off-world visitors were required to arrive via a customs landing site and space traffic was only allowed once per month, at which point trade goods and visitors were shipped back and forth. There was no way of enforcing this ban, however; with Dante lacking an offworld communication due to ComStar not being allowed to operate communication facilities in the system, the government of Dante lacked even a means for complaining about breaches of their regulations.
The Word of Blake took advantage of the location of Dante in the heart of the Outworlds Alliance and the lack of contact with outside systems; in 3062, the Blakist's took advantage of agents they had infiltrated into a number of local pirate groups, supplying the pirates with astronavigational charts allowing them to infiltrate onto Dante via uninhabited systems. The pirates then took control of the planet, enslaving the local population and placing their own personnel in all of those positions responsible for contact with visitors. The hands-off attitude taken towards Dante given by President Mitchell Avellar - a consequence of his respect for the Omniss sect and the extension of as much leeway as possible in the interests of freedom of politics and religion - actually assisted the Blakist's in seizing the planet. The Blakist's kept their control over the planet secret from the inhabitants and the pirates, leaving a number of pirate bands to clash over control of the planet while allowing the pirates to continue launching raids on Alliance worlds from their bases on Dante via uninhabited systems. The Alliance government remained convinced that the pirate raids against Alliance systems were being conducted from groups located in the Periphery, but failed to uncover more than a small number of pirate bases, as testament to the effectiveness of the Blakist deception; the Blakist's also used the Dante system as a stepping stone for infiltrating their agents into the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns.
Between the 19th and 25th of September 3069, combined forces from both Clan Snow Raven and the Alliance Military Corps lay siege to Dante. The reason given for the siege was that terrorists linked to the Word of Blake had been traced to Dante, but the response on a number of worlds within the Alliance was to condemn the heavy-handed actions of the Snow Ravens and the Alliance government, with secessionist sentiments rising noticeably on several worlds.
To deal with the pirates and Blakist loyalists located on Dante, the Snow Ravens destroyed most of the planet's industries via orbital bombardment. The Ravens then established several mobile factories in orbit around the world. They later built a factory on the world itself, but the severe damage to the infrastructure reduced this plant's productivity. After clearing out the terrorists, the Snow Ravens took control of the world. It is the site of their main genetic repository. Stationed in orbit above Dante at the end of the Jihad were the Potemkin-class cruiser CSR Eden Rose and the Volga-class transport CSR Scavenger, both operating as orbital factories.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2581 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2767 - No record 
- 2786 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2830 - No record 
- 2864 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3058 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance (notional) / Word of Blake (actual)
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance (notional) / Word of Blake (actual)
- 3069 - Outworlds Alliance (from September)
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance (notional) / Clan Snow Raven (actual)
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
- Neil Avellar
- Fifth Raven Wing Cluster
- Fifth Raven Auxiliaries
- Potemkin-class cruiser CSR Eden Rose
- Volga-class transport CSR Scavenger
Dante has four continents named Boccaccio, Guelph, Il Poeta and Petrarch.
- Certaldo: planetary capital city and the location of the main planetary militia base on Boccaccio
- Scipio: the location of the Snow Raven Industrial Complexes Alpha and Kappa on Petrarch
- OWA Training Facility Alpha: a MechWarrior and Aerospace training facility located in orbit above Dante
- Facility 12-D
- Facility 12-E
- Snow Raven Industrial Complex Alpha
- Snow Raven Industrial Complex Kappa
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Valentina||45.0||Ki Zoban||46.6||Budingen||47.4||Milligan's World||47.9|
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 121, "Dante"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 18, "Dante Planet Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 86, "Dante"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 64, "Machinations and Manipulations"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 21-22, "Suicide Jump"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 40, "Lamentations and the Raven"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 22, "Respond To This Article With Comments"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 49, "The Jihad In Review"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 65, "Machinations and Manipulations"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Objectives: Clans, p. 16
- Objectives: Clans, p. 18
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 33, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36-37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 36, "Outworlds Alliance Militia Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns After First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 98, "Outworlds Alliance - ] Map
- First Succession War, p. 24-25, "Inner Sphere - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 112-113, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Spher Map -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 77, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 28, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 174, "Clan Force Deployments - Alliance Militia Corps"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 18, "Facility 12-D"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 18, "Facility 12-E"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 18, "Snow Raven Industrial Complex Alpha"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 18, "Snow Raven Industrial Complex Kappa"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Periphery
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: The Clans
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Second Succession War
- Wars of Reaving