|Recharge time||199 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||None|
 Owner History
- 2596 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 3071 - Clan Jade Falcon (until June) / Clan Ice Hellion (from June)
- 3079 - Clan Hell's Horses
 Planetary Info
The Dark Nebula is a vast cloud of ionized gas near the Periphery border of the Trellshire province of Lyran Commonwealth's Tamar Pact (later Clan Jade Falcon occupation zone), roughly between the systems of Somerset, Apollo and Wotan.
It interferes with sensors and communications and gives off intense radiation. There are several white and red dwarf stars in the nebula, as well as 17 known pulsars.
 Planetary History
 Early History
There were persistent rumors that the Nebula is the location of automated Star League shipyards that continued to manufacture fleets of WarShips after Kerensky's Exodus. Legends further tell that one base in the Nebula was a repository for all the useless gold and jewelry that the SLDF soldiers left behind. Countless adventurers have braved the treacherous depths of the Nebula in search of the legendary treasure, never to return. The legendary base, Camelot Command, was rediscovered by the 1st Somerset Strikers by pure chance in 3050 when they followed an old beacon and encountered a defensive cordon of Mark 39 automated drone fighters. Camelot Command turned out to be an ancient naval supply base and repair yard which had been abandoned by the SLDF centuries earlier on the eve of the Exodus. Largely empty, it held nowhere near the treasures and lostech marvels the stories suggested. The discovery was initially kept secret in lieu with the clandestine nature of the Strikers' mission, but it was discovered again roughly a year later by Snord's Irregulars and subsequently used by the Federated Commonwealth as a forward supply base behind the Clan lines for some time until it was given up again.
By 3071, the installation within the Dark Nebula had been acquired by Clan Jade Falcon, but between the 7th and 28th of June that year, invading forces from Clan Ice Hellion captured the facility. In March 3072, Clan Hell's Horses dispatched troops to assault the Hellion positions within the Dark Nebula.
The Dark Nebula facility was captured by the Hell's Horses. By the end of the Jihad the waystation and repair lines located here had been either destroyed or moved to other locations in the Horse's occupation zone.
 Planetary Garrison
- This article is based on a posting (in answer #6) by "Mendrugo" on the CBT forum, used with his express consent.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Objectives: The Clans, p. 10, "Dark Nebula"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 49, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Objectives: Clans, p. 10
- ↑ Field Report: Clans, p. 13, "Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Status"