David Light Gauss Rifle (Support Weapon)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|"David" Light Gauss Rifle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3063 (FWL)|
|Mass Per Reload||2.0kg (8/2)|
The "David" Light Gauss Rifle is a infantry-class adaptation of the Free Worlds League's Light Gauss Rifle technology, developed as a way of giving conventional infantry a weapon with the range and power to take on Battle Armor while remaining somewhat portable. While exceedingly heavy and bulky, a special harness allows a single person to wield the rifle, and it is capable of firing either a single shot or bursts of four rounds. However, the high power requirements and limited magazine size of the "David" limits it's effectiveness and often requires the operator to carry a backup secondary weapon. The "David" can also be mounted on battle suits with the use of extra fittings and cooling jackets, increasing the weapon's size and bulk.
An Irian Technologies SWAT member with a "David" Gauss Rifle
- TechManual, p. 301, "Conventional Infantry Weapons - Table"
- Combat Operations, p. 144, "Force Faction Tables"
- TechManual, p. 319, "Conventional Infantry Weapons BV Table"
- Combat Equipment, p. 15, "Combined Arms"
- A Time of War, p. 275, "Support Gauss Weapons - Table"