Death From Above
- This article is about the combat maneuver. For the show or other uses, see Death From Above (Show).
Death from Above (DFA) is a maneuver in which the attacking 'Mech engages its jump jets to jump and then land on its target. Although the exact rules differ depending on the overall ruleset, Death from Above is invariably a risky and difficult maneuver that inflicts a great deal of damage to the target and usually also some damage to the attacker. It cannot be performed by 'Mechs without jump jets.
When performed by a Highlander 'Mech, it is sometimes referred to as a "Highlander Burial". The Northwind Highlanders were specialized in this class of attack. In fact, the Battlemech was redesigned specially to perform it..
- Jasek Kelswa-Steiner, leader of Stormhammers was killed by a Clan Jade Falcon commander during the battle of Coventry in 3148. 
- Colonel Fiona Cochraine: commanding officer of Cochraine's Goliaths. Killed by Andrew Redburn in the battle of St. Andre at the beginning of Fourth Succession War.
- Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 52-53, "HGN-732 Highlander 'Mech Profile"
- Combat manual Mercenaries p. 58
- A Splinter of Hope-The Anvil p. 126
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 253-254 - Prince Hanse Davion is debriefed on the battle of St. Andre.