Defiance (Aerospace Fighter class)
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Mujika Aerospace Modular Version 6|
|Power Plant||Magna 220 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres MaserCom Variable 3s|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Dwyerson Upgrade Multitask Version 3|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,552|
As the Liao-Marik technological exchange trickled away as the relationship with the Free Worlds League waned, the Word of Blake stepped into the role of technological mentor of the Confederation in exchange for administering Capellan HPG stations. Among the various items they offered was OmniFighter technology in the form of Defiance, which the Chancellor accepted, offering to split part of the first production runs during the initial production and troubleshooting stage.
While mounting standard armor, the use of an XL Engine frees up 26 tons of pod space for weapons, though like many OmniFighters pod space comes at the cost of heat sinks, with only eleven Double Heat Sinks fitted to its base chassis.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration is ideal for strafing runs, mounting two ER Medium Lasers in each wing, supported by twin Medium Pulse Lasers, and bolstered by a Gauss Rifle in the nose. Two ER Small Lasers mounted in the rear discourage pursuit.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration is a high-energy strafer, mounting an ER PPC in each wing supplemented by two nose mounted ER Medium Lasers. A aft mounted SRM-2 launcher defends the fighter's rear during dogfights, while eight additional double heat sinks strive to keep the high heat down to prevent the single ton of SRM reloads exploding. BV (1.0) = 1,493 BV(2.0)=1,628
- Alt. Config. B
- A anti-vehicle ground attack design, the B configuration mounts an LB 10-X AC in each wing, supplied by a total of four tons of ammunition which allows the fighter to carry both standard slugs and cluster rounds, highly effective in also crippling the delicate control surfaces of Aerospace Fighters. BV (1.0) = 1,245 (1,137) BV(2.0)=1,298
- Alt. Config. C
- A Pulse Laser based strafing variant, the C configuration mounts a single Large Pulse Laser in each wing supported by a trio of Medium Pulse Lasers in the nose. A further two Small Pulse Lasers are mounted aft, while four additional double heat sinks strive to keep all the waste heat in check. BV (1.0) = 1,198 BV(2.0)=1,325
- MUL online date for the Defiance (Aerospace Fighter class)
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 144-145, "Aerospace Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 251
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 93
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 252
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 94
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 253
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 95
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 254
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 255