Defiance Self-Protection Force
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Defiance Self-Protection Force|
|Unit Profile (as of 3024)|
|Nickname||The Force of Last Resort|
|Parent Formation||Defiance Industries|
The Defiance Self-Protection Force or Defiance Security Force, is the unit charged to protect any factories of Defiance Industries. During the FedCom Civil War, they would support Katherine Steiner-Davion's Lyran Alliance. They would take heavy losses fighting against the Skye Rangers on Hesperus II and reformed into Brewer's Legion.
The Defiance Self-Protection Force was formed in 2852 by Baron Ivor Brewer, in order to defend the Defiance Industries facility on Hesperus during the Seventh Battle of Hesperus II. The first recruits to join were volunteers and factory workers who were trained to be Mechwarriors. The security Mechwarrior's sacrifice was so valiant, that Baron Brewer would keep the BattleMech regiment active in honor of the fallen warriors.
During the FedCom Civil War, Skye Separatists would work to cripple the factories of Defiance Industries on Hesperus II. The only defenders of the attack were the Security Force and the Gray Death Legion Mercenary Unit, who managed to put up a good defense. While the attack was successfully repelled it came at heavy cost, the Defiance Self-Protection Force would take heavy losses and the Legion was effectively destroyed in the process. Fortunately, survivors of the fallen mercenary unit would reform as a part of the Protection Force under the name of Brewer's Legion.
|Commanding Officers of the Defiance Self-Protection Force|
|Duke||Daniel Brewer||3068 - 3070|
Colors and Insignia
The Defiance Self-Protection Force paints their equipment in dark red and gold. The insignia is a picture of the political figure, Alfred E. Newman with the quote "What me worry?" on the logo.
The Uniforms of the Defiance Security Force is the same of the LCAF infantryman, but with white and blood red colors instead.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 139
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II, p. 7