Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Deia neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||186 hours|
- 1 Deia
- 2 Deia VI
Planetary flag of Deia
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||24°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion|
Landgrave Emmet Horn (Appointed Ruler)
Deia VI - more commonly known simply as Deia - is the sixth planet in the system and is a paradisical world with one moons named Honor.
The hardships involved in colonising a new world proved too much for many of those involved in founding the first colony on Deia; whilst the colonists had been a multicultural group, the greater part of the survivors after a short period were Deists, a generally pragmatic group who went on to influence the Deia's growth over the following centuries.
The population of Deia remained generally a hard-working but quiet group of people, who choose early in their history to keep their birthrates low, thereby helping Deia to remain a beautiful - and peaceful - world. Even as late as the thirty-first century Deia was a lightly-populated planet in comparison to many Lyran worlds, a consequence of the low birthrate and a lack of immigration; the natural reticence of the average Deian wasn't typically understood by outsiders.
Deia managed to weather the Succession Wars largely intact, thanks to its location within the interior of the Lyran Commonwealth, far from the borders. This changed when the Clans launched Operation REVIVAL; driving a wedge deep into the Lyran region of the Federated Commonwealth, the hostile Clan forces captured enough systems that Deia found itself uncomfortably close to the front line.
With the Clans so close, the population of Deia had little choice but to accept larger garrisons from the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, along with a number supporting mercenary commands. This period of heavy military garrisoning only lasted until the Battle of Tukayyid; the resulting Truce saw the AFFC reposition its forces, attempting to compensate for its weakened state by shoring up the garrisons on worlds directly on the border, leaving second-tier systems like Deia with greatly diminished garrisons.
The government of Deia responded to the drop in AFFC forces on their world by offering garrison contracts to a number of mercenary units, keeping at least a battalion of mercenaries on the planet at all times as the planetary militia grew; the Deian government also secured emergency response contracts from nearby mercenary units such as the Kell Hounds.
Red Corsair Raid
In June 3055, the planet was struck by the Red Corsair pirate band. Fighting a number of battles at locations such as Shasta and Burton’s Redoubt, Deia's defending militia and its mercenary defenders, Zimmer’s Zouaves, were savaged and forced to withdraw to defensive positions. Deia's Militia command had notified the embattled forces that Clan Wolf's Thirty-first Wolf Solahma Cluster had sent to help fight off the Corsair's raid, but the Wolves instead landed on top of the defenders and engaged the mercenary and militia forces, ignoring the pirates.
Clan Jade Falcon attempted to conquer a number of Lyran Alliance worlds during the Jihad, and Deia was one of their targets, attacked during the first two weeks of July 3069. The defenders on Deia held out against the Jade Falcon forces for several weeks, but Deia was finally conquered by the Falcons on the 15th of August.
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3062 - Arc-Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3063 - Arc-Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3069 - Clan Jade Falcon (from July)
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3130 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- Landgrave Emmet Horn
- Burton's Redoubt: located on the Speke River, this formation was the site of a battle during the Red Corsair campaign.
- Shasta: site of a battle during the Red Corsair campaign.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Beta Regulus II||37.3||Zanderij||38.3||Babaeski||38.7||Esteros||39.6|
|Morges||40.2||Chahar||43.3||Kooken's Pleasure Pit||43.5||Blue Hole||46.2|
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair p. 4, "Deia Planetary Data"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair p. 8, "The Path of the Corsair" - Brief of Deia invasion of the Corsairs and Clan Wolf forces.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22-23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28-29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere - October 3067"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64-65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62-63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. VII, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair, p. 1, "Unexpected Guests"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: Clans
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair