- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
- This article is about the OmniMech. For other uses, see Deimos (disambiguation).
|Manufacturer||Snow Raven Industrial Complex Alpha|
|Class||Assault OmniMech[[Category:Assault OmniMech BattleMechs]]|
|Mass||85 tons[[Category:85 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Model MHO-14E Endo-Steel|
|Engine||Type 255 Extralight|
|Communications System||TDWS-37 Mk. 2.2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hermes CT-44|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
|Speed||54 km/h (64 km/h with MASC)|
The Deimos is a Clan Assault OmniMech, which was developed by Clan Snow Raven. The 'Mech was first introduced during the middle of the 3060s, allegedly on the Kerensky Cluster world of Lum. However, Inner Sphere intelligence agencies stopped hearing rumors about the 'Mech during the Jihad and it faded from memory. In 3085, the Snow Ravens revealed the existence of the Deimos to the Inner Sphere. It was produced on the Clan's Inner Sphere world, Dante.
The 85-tonner is powered by a Type 255-rated Extralight Fusion Engine, which it shares with the second-line Assault 'Mech, the Omen. Fourteen Double Heat Sinks are fitted to mitigate any heat issues that the 'Mech's systems may generate. Because its top speed is slower than more typical OmniMechs of the same size, engineers installed a MASC system, which allows the Deimos to go marginally faster and keep up with comparable older designs. The 'Mech is protected by 14.5 tons of Standard Armor, where it again differs from more typical contemporaries.
Weapons and Equipment
Aside from its 43-ton equipment capacity, the 'Mech has a few permanently mounted weapons. These include two ER Medium Lasers, one assigned to each of the 'Mech's side torsos. To provide protection from inbound missile fire, an Anti-Missile System is mounted in the Deimos' head. The single ton of ammunition for the AMS is located in the center torso.
The Primary Configuration is geared toward an anti-air role, with both of the OmniMech's arms housing three Class 2 Ultra Autocannons and a pair of side torso-mounted 15-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers. Both weapons systems are provided with three tons of ammunition, with the LRM ammunition stored in the side torsos and the AC rounds split between both arms and the right side torso.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration is geared towards general combat. It features a pair of ER PPCs and Medium Pulse Lasers - one of each mounted in each side torso - along with an LB 10-X Autocannon in each arm. The Autocannons are each fed by two tons of both slug- and cluster-type ammunition, which have been split between the Deimos A's arms. BV(2.0)=2,785
- Alt. Config. B
- The B configuration carries four 10-Tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers split between its two side torsos, while each arm mounts an ER PPC and a Large Pulse Laser. The 'Mech's six tons of LRM ammunition is split evenly among storage bins found in each arm. This configuration also features an ECM Suite and two additional Double Heat Sinks. BV(2.0)=2,965
- Alt. Config. C
- Indtroduced in 3086, the C configuration's main firepower comes from its pair of Class 10 Ultra Autocannons and ER Large Lasers. A pair of Small Pulse Lasers is fitted to help deal with possible infantry threats to the 'Mech. All of these weapons are split between the 'Mech's two pod locations in the arms. The 'Mech's tactical capabilities are expanded thanks to the inclusion of an ECM Suite in the center torso, along with the four Improved Jump Jets split between the side torsos. BV(2.0)=2,737
- Alt. Config. E
- The E configuration was also introduced during the Dark Age in 3140. It carries a Targeting Computer to control two ER Medium Lasers, two Large Pulse Lasers, an ER PPC, and ER Large Laser. Four Streak SRM-4s are also carried. The Deimos E can also reach speeds nearing 86km/h by using an engine Supercharger and the MASC system. It retains the AMS as well. Finally it mounts a Radical Heat Sink System to augment the sixteen double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 170
- Alt. Config. S
- The S Configuration is specifically designed to meet the Ravens' need for a space-based 'Mech developed in 3086. The S configuration is almost identical to the "C" configuration with the exception of the ECM suite, which is now replaced with a Liquid Tank. The tank serves as an internal fuel tank. BV(2.0)=2,664
- Deimos 2
- A Non-Omni variant of the Deimos, this design features mainly Experimental equipment. This variant was speculated by Armed Forces of the Federated Suns intelligence as being based on the original prototype of the Deimos. The 'Mech features the same weapons layout (including the Omni design's permanently mounted weapons) as the Primary Configuration. The Deimos' head-mounted AMS system is exchanged for an experimental Laser version. The 'Mech's armor capacity has been reduced to 13 tons, and uses Ferro-Fibrous instead of standard armor. Its engine is upgraded to a 340-rated XL Fusion, while only equipping ten double heat sinks. Its MASC equipment allows the design to move at speeds reaching 86 kph. BV(2.0)= 2,394
- Deimos (MekTek)
- The original MekTek version of the Deimos had the same weapon layout with the exception of a Laser Anti-Missile System replacing the AMS. The 'Mech has 15.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor and is built on a standard chassis. It's engine has been changed to a 350 XL which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 70.01 kph; in addition, the MASC has been removed. Lastly, the chassis allows for the installation of an Active Probe.
The Deimos was originally conceived by the BattleTech software fansite Mektek.net.
MekTek version of the Deimos from MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 54-55, "Deimos"
- MUL online entry for the Deimos
- MUL online entry for the Deimos A Configuration
- MUL online entry for the Deimos B Configuration
- MUL online entry for the Deimos C Configuration
- MUL online entry for the Deimos D Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 169
- MUL online entry for the Deimos E Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 170
- MUL online entry for the Deimos S Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 257
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 54 - Variants.
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 258
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries - MekTek Mod