Devon's Armored Infantry
Also known as Raymond's Armored Infantry and later Marcella's Armored Infantry before again being named Devon's Armored Infantry in at the end of 3066.
|Devon's Armored Infantry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Sentinels|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Unit Emblem
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The unit was formed from former Davion mercenaries, which shared a deep hated for their ex-employer. The command was founded as part of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry in 3005. The hatred goes so far that no prisoner were taken and all captured soldiers executed on the field. These war crimes in conjunction with other atrocities lead to a price for their heads. A sad example for the gruel are a raid in 3014, where a Davion mercenary command, Morcock's Crusher, assaulted St. Ives. The Defenders, the Armored Infantry and Wilson Hussars, captured many soldiers alive, but they were killed by the commander of the Infantry himself.
4th Succession War
War of 3039
Xin Sheng Campaign
During the Jihad Devon's Armored Infantry was denied a place in Operation Thunderstrike. Instead throughout the Jihad the unit rotated between the factories on Warlock and reinforcing troops on Denbar and Nashuar. This changed in 3077 when the Armored Infantry landed on Zurich as part of the CCAF assault. They were still on Zurich in 3079.
After the Jihad ended, Devon's Armored Infantry assaulted the Republic of the Sphere as part of Operation GOLDEN FORTRESS. They landed on Capolla and defeated the Nova Cats' 100th Striker Cluster. In 3082 they faced off against the Second and Eighth Auxiliaries units from the Republic. The Armored Infantry were eventually pushed off planet, but they inflicted severe damage on the Republic units. They were on Nanking in 3084 and they faced the I Hastati Sentinels. Though skilled, the Armored Infantry was savaged by the Republic unit and withdrew with heavy losses. In 3085 they were rebuilding on Indicass, a task made difficult by the fact that they were only at a quarter of their nominal strength.
The Armor Infantry like fighting in rough and mountainous terrain.
Devon's Armored Infantry (2 Battalions) (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Maxwell V. Devon
- 1st Battalion - Major Victor Kilgrain
- 2nd Battalion - Major Hudsenn Roundtren
Marcella's Armor Infantry (1Regiment/Regular/Reliable (Reliable))
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Marcella Devon
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Bruce Dorn
- 3rd Battalin: Zhong-shao Constance Lum
33rd St. Ives Skyflash Wing
- XO/Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Phillip Li-Hahn
- Only 40 percent of the wing is ready
Armored Infantry Auxiliary (1 Regiment/Veteran/Reliable (Questionable))
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Milek Stanislov
- Consists 2 Armor Battalion, 2 Infantry Battalions and 1 Battlesuit Company
33rd St. Ives Skyflash Wing
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Fuan Pan-Di
Armored Infantry Auxiliary
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Victor Abel
Devon's Armored Infantry (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Sang-shao Andrea Devon
33rd St. Ives Skyflash Wing (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Sin Yan Hon
A stylized Vedette tank on a white field.
- House Liao p.89
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 19
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 32
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34
- House Liao (Confederation Capella), p. 105
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 109 - "Marcellas Armored Infantry Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34 - "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- House Liao (the Capellan Confederation), p. ?? - "Devon's Armored Infantry bio - Primary BattleMechs"