Character Description
Diane was known to be a driven and inquisitive woman, whom would pour her energies into studying subjects with a passion. She was noted for taking pride in commanding a BattleMechs and mastery of tactics of fighting with them in her youth. She would go beyond simple studying of being a warrior, but range of other things maintenance to rebuilding a shattered engine.
 Early Life and Clan Invasion
Diane possesses an innate talent for piloting 'Mechs and Strategy allow her to move up ranks with few enemies to become Star Colonel of the 5th Battle Cluster.
 The Refusal War and its Aftermath
Diana's 5th Battle would be called in to assist the defense of Woton against the Wolves in December of 3057. In the ugly Battle for Borealtown, her unit would destroyed in the fighting. However, her unit would be among the units that Khan Marthe Pryde would reconstitute in its aftermath with unblooded warriors. The unit would be retained as part Epsilon Galaxy, as its Galaxy Commander Rard Hoyt would have to fight Trials to keep Galaxy designated against other sunder Galaxies component are merged with them.
 The Coventry Campaign
Shortly after her unit is reformed, it would be selected as part of Khan Marthe Pryde's expedition to Lyran world of Coventry. The expedition leaving in January 30th, 3058, Diane's unit would be part one of four task forces penetrating into the Alliance's space.
During their taskforce's voyage, their task force would make a stop in the her unit Neerabup, where they would chosen take on the system's defending force. On February 10th, her Cluster's would land and fight a determined Neerabup PMM. The Militia force take position from what they viewed as their most strategically important site on planet, their command's compound. Her force would engage with militia to their surprise into a impressive show force. Cluster eventually would overcome the Inner Sphere command, would be impressed by Militia's unit bravery. Various members of the Cluster would induct Militia's members as bondsmen as way to honor their bravey.
On Coventry, her force would be regulated in defensive action during remains of the conflict. Among her unit's actions would include on April 5th, elements of her cluster garrisoning a warehouse attacked by elements of the 10th Skye Rangers. However, she would pull her forces from warehouse to meet new threat arriving on planet, Inner Sphere reinforcements had arrived.
She and rest her fellow Cluster commanders would be summon to hold Port St. Williams from the three mercenary regiments and the remains of the Coventry's defense forces. After expedition had ended, her Cluster would remain under strength.
 Lyran Alliance Invasion
During the FedCom Civil War in May 3064, Khan Pryde would launch an new expedition into the Lyran Alliance. Diane and her 5th Battle Cluster at time were stationed on Hot Springs as part of their garrison assignment. In November, a Lyran taskforce led by General Adam Steiner arrived on Hot Springs to wage a Trial of Possession for the planet. During this campaign, Diane would give them a good and tough fight using Inner-Sphere tactics despite being outnumbered.
Eventually, the Lyran force withdrew from the planet, the General Steiner needing to aid other Lyran task force on Blackjack after month of fighting. After effecting eliminating threat on planet, she would take her elements of her Cluster with elements from the 18th Falcon Regulars and 9th Falcon Talons to retake Butler in December. After the conflict members of her Clan would be disgusted by her use of Inner Sphere tactic and yet praised at the same time holding planet.
 Early Jihad and Actions during the Ice Hellion Invasion
Shortly after the Jihad began, Diane would be promoted to take command of Epsilon Galaxy in place her old commander Rard Hoyt.
She would lead her galaxy which had been scattered among worlds they had garrisoning against the invasion of the Ice Hellions and Hell's Horses. Her forces in early years of the conflict in June 3071 loosing and attempting regain worlds lost to Hell's Horses advance into their Clan's Occupation Zone. Diane would help get her galaxy together focus pushing off the invaders off Steelton in October. Her philosophy of hitting enemy where it hurts and not letting up on them server her well during the invasion.
During last stages of the conflict, Diane would take part in the assault on Vantaa in 3072. Diane would lead her forces in hit & run attacks which took advantage of Hellion's methods of warfare. She would be noted for leading two clusters worth of troops against Ice Hellions' positions in an Blitzkrieg style assault against them.
After Hellion's invasion ended, she would advocate for her Galaxy with Naval support should return to the Home Worlds reclaim Falcon's worlds lost as well seek revenge against Hellions. However, her request is turned down by Khan Pryde, despite her quite advocating for further action.
 Late Jihad and Post-Jihad era
 Titles and Positions
|Star Colonel of 5th Battle Cluster
30?? – 3071
| Succeeded by|
|Galaxy Commander of Epsilon Galaxy
3071 – ????
| Succeeded by|
|saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon
308? – ????
| Succeeded by|
Diane is noted for being a Thor/Summoner pilot during the Clan Invasion. It is unclear when she assumed command of the 5th Battle or what battles she was in command. A Star Colonel Evalk Mattlov is mentioned in 5th Battle Cluster's actions in March of 3050 in the invasion of Winfield. Due to the only inclusion of 5th Battle Cluster, it suggests that Evin Buhallin was its commander at time of this battle.
 Game Rules
The sourcebook Master and Minions grants character specific abilities to Diane RPG setting and regular table top combat. In RPG play, her character is considered a regular rated Technician, she would be able to do maintenance should it been needed. While in command of a force, she grants it's a +2 Initiative, and enables the Force Specific Ability Overrun Combat ability. If in command, her force will not follow strict Clan rules of zellbrigen. Should her BattleMech take a pilot hit, she is able to ignore that first hit of damage.
- ↑ Masters and Minions, p. 129 - Diane Anu's profile notes her birthday.
- ↑ Masters and Minions, p. 129 - Profile describes her personality as of 3077.
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 129 - Diane Anu's profile gleams some details of rise to command based on her character and talents.
- ↑ Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 75 - Brief profile on Star Colonel Diane Anu.
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 105 Epsilon Galaxy - 5th Battle Cluster/Epsilon Galaxy - unit background in aftermath of the Refusal war, it was destroyed and was on Woton though not listed in other sources.
- ↑ The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 32 In the Falcon's Nest - Falcon forces fought in brutal battle of Borealtown are noted for being 80% destroyed. 5th Battle Cluster is not noted mentioned in this sourcebook.
- ↑ Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 13, 21 - Diane Anu's 5th Battle Cluster's early actions in the Coventry Campaign, including battle on Neerabup.
- ↑ Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 117 - Neerabup MTM - Unit's information includes battle when they were taken by Falcon's forces. Diane's unit is not yet named as their captures.
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 105 5th Battle Cluster, Diane Anu's unit's exploits on Coventry briefly noted.
- ↑ Battle of Coventry, p. 8 - History of Coventry campaign includes the mentioning of the Diane's 5th Battle Cluster.
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 8 - Incursion history includes events at end of the time on Coventry.
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 120, 186 - Diane Anu credited for her tactics during Hot Spring's occupation and her leading her force to reclaim Butler later.
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 48 - Epsilon Galaxy - Star Colonel Diane Anu and her performance on Hot Springs.
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 29-30 Operation: Ice Storm - Epsilon Galaxy actions during the conflict.
- ↑ Masters and Minions, pp. 126,129 Gutting the Enemy & Diane Anu's profile - Diane actions on Vantaa are noted and highlighted.
- ↑ Masters and Minions, p. 129 - Profile describes her bio describes how she wish lead retaliation raid against the Hellions.
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 177
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 118
- ↑ Clan Jade Falcon, p. 73 - Diane Anu's 'Mech listed with her unit listings in the original Jade Falcon Sourcebook.
- ↑ Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 37 - Winfield - 5th Battle Cluster entry suggests different commanding officer at the time of its invasion. Diana had not been its commanding officer, but unclear when.
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 258 - Character Specific Abilities.