- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Aix-la-Chapelle|
Although Diplan's role as a major supplier to the SLDF is well-known, the development of a new variant of the popular Mongoose scout 'Mech for the SLDF Gunslinger Program was lost to history until the technical specifications for this new variant were uncovered by ComStar in the 3050s. Only a single model of the new variant, the MON-66GX, was ever produced - the SLDF command were disinclined to place a production orders as they felt that the design, which varied significantly from the mainstream model, cost substantially more and closely resembled the specialized Exterminator 'Mech, would lead to inappropriate behavior among its pilots.
One of many manufacturers to be revived by the DCMS's voracious appetite for BattleMechs to recoup the losses suffered during the Clan Invasion, Diplan overreached financially and ultimately faltered, acquired by the venerable Alshain Weapons in 3060. Located outside the city of Belnet, Diplan's factory on Aix-la-Chapelle was built as a veritable Castle Brian, allowing the company to weather military attack just as easily as the massive Class 9 storms that constantly batter the world. Additionally, due to the over 43 days required to travel between Aix-la-Chapelle's Jump Points and the planet itself, Diplan has also constructed a component factory incorporating locally processed materials rather than wait for off-world supply shipments, becoming almost totally self-reliant.  
Diplan 'Mechyards has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Aix-la-Chapelle:|
|KBO-7A Kabuto||Light BattleMech|
|HM-1 Hitman||Light BattleMech|
|NX-80 Nyx||Light BattleMech (As of 3085)|
|Chariot Type 1 Endo Steel||Hitman|
|Chariot Type 1a||Kabuto|
|Chariot Type I-b||Nyx|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Leenex 140 XL||Kabuto|
|GM 210 XL||Hitman|
|Pitban 300 XL||Nyx|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Starshield A||Hitman & Kabuto|
|Sipher CommCon SCU-4 w/Guardian ECM||Hitman & Kabuto|
|Cat's Eyes 5 w/Artemis IV FCS||Hitman, Kabuto & Nyx|
|Thunderstroke-L||LRM-5 - Hitman|
Ozawa (destroyed 2837)
With the extinction of Endo Steel at the end of the First Succession War the plant switched from the production of the MON-66 to the MON-67. The factory was finally destroyed by retreating Combine troops in 2837 via nuclear weapons.
|Components produced on Ozawa:|
|JR7-D Jenner||Light BattleMech|
|JR7-F Jenner||Light BattleMech|
|MON-66 Mongoose||Light BattleMech|
|MON-66GX Mongoose Gunslinger||Light BattleMech (Single prototype only)|
|MON-67 Mongoose||Light BattleMech|
|Diplan Scout-A||JR7-D Jenner|
|Kell/D Endo Steel||MON-66 Mongoose|
|Kell/D Standard||MON-67 Mongoose|
|Nissan 200||MON-67 Mongoose|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|ProtecTech 6||MON-67 Mongoose|
|TharHes Mars-1||MON-67 Mongoose|
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 3, "MON-66GX Mongoose Gunslinger"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 157 "Pillar of Jade (Economics) - Direct Service (Military) Corporations - Alshain Weapons"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 84-85 "Touring the Realm - Benjamin Military District (The Dragon's Heart) - Aix-la-Chapelle"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 18
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 74, "Produced Kabuto Components on Aix-la-Chapelle"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 18, "Produced Hitman Components on Aix-la-Chapelle"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 62, "Produced Nyx Components"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 199
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 246, "Produced MON-67 Mongoose Components"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p.26, "JR7-D Jenner",
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 189