- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Hesperus II|
Despite the fact that the planet Hesperus II they call home has been raided fourteen times in its history, Doering Electronics itself has never been attacked, mainly because the nearby Defiance 'Mechworks overshadows this lesser prize. Their Neil line of communications units are shipped to other systems, but most of Doering's business is given to Defiance Industries. While Doering was one of the largest producers of BattleMech and AeroSpace Fighter communication systems and sensor equipment in the Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance, the fact that it also manufactured high-quality neurohelmets on Hesperus II made it a rare company even within the Alliance.
Founded during the First Succession War, Doering always had a close working relationship with Defiance Industries to the extent that the Defiance security forces protected the Doering plant on Hesperus as if it were a part of the massive Defiance complex. In common with other companies across Lyran space, Doering also traded with other companies; examples of this inter-company trade were seen in the TharHes Industries-manufactured Wolfhound BattleMech, which used Doering electronics, as well as the partnership Doering entered into with RAMTech Industries in the late 3060s.
In the late 3060s the share price of Doering Electronics rose sharply on the back of rumors that a radical breakthrough in communications or sensor technology was on the verge of being announced by the company. The company had also been commissioned to build small disposable communication satellites which could operate in constellations of relays for temporary communication network.
Despite the greater attention paid to the Hesperus plant, the Doering Electronics plant on New Kyoto actually produced more communications and sensor equipment than the Hesperus plant, as well as a wide range of telecommunications equipment for the civilian market.
During the Jihad the Doering plant on Hesperus II took heavy damage, with 80% of all production capacity damaged or destroyed; by 3079, the plant had manage to boost production back up to 35% of full capacity.
The Doering Electronics plant on Hesperus II is located in Melrose Valley on the continent of South Whitman. Doering Electronics also has a facility on the world of New Kyoto which is located in Hansinger.
|Components produced on Hesperus II:|
|Angst Clear Channel 3||Banshee|
|Neil 6000-a||Hellcat & Thunderbold|
|Angst Clear View 2A||Banshee|
|Narc Missile Beacon|
|Doering Electronics Glowworm||Archer variants|
|Components produced on New Kyoto:|
|O-P 3000 COMSET||Shipped to Sudeten for Warhammer to Pandora for BattleMaster, and to Styk for 'Victor|
|O-P AIR500||Shipped to Skye for Seydlitz|
|O-P AIR900||Shipped to Tharkad for Lightning|
|O-P AIR1200||Shipped to Gibbs for Eagle|
|O-P COM-22-H47||Shippede to Tharkad for Wolfhound|
|O-P COMSET||Shipped to Gienah and Carlisle for Pack Rat|
|OP-R Janxiir||Shipped to New Earth and Hesperus II for Manticore|
|O-P 911||Shipped to Furillo for Locust &Wasp|
|O-P 1500 ARB||Shipped to Styk for Victor & Sudeten for Warhammer|
|O-P 2000JSA||Shipped to Gienah & Carlisle for Pack Rat|
|O-P 2500TGFD||Shipped to Tharkad for Lightning & Hellcat|
|O-P 3000||Shipped to Skye for Seydlitz|
- As of this writing, it us uncleared where D40 Communication Satellite was produced for the Lyran military. Thus production notes of the D40 are not noted in these production summaries.
- Objective Raids, p. 77 "Produced Doering Electronics Components on Hesperus II"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 136, "Doering Electronics Profile"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 147, "TharHes Industries (TharHes)"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 138, "RamTech Industries (RAMTch)"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 130), "D40 / Sneaksat Communication Satellite"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 128, "D40 / Sneaksat Communication Satellites"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3, "State of the Industry at a Glance (Dec 3079)"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 29, "Doering Electronics"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 89, "New Kyoto"
- Objective Raids, p. 85 "Produced Components on New Kyoto"