|Dragau II Assault Interceptor|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Safe Thrust||3.5 g|
|Max Thrust||5.5 g|
|Armament|| 2 x Heavy Gauss Rifles |
4 x Heavy PPCs
4 x ER PPCs
4 x LRM 15 w/ Art
10 x Large VSP Lasers
2 x ER Medium Lasers
6 x AMS
|Armor||Heavy Ferro Aluminum|
|Crew|| 2 Officers |
|Heat Sinks||122 (244)|
The Dragau II Class Assault Interceptor is a high speed DropShip was adapted by the Republic of the Sphere for their use by 3085. The Dragau II is based on the Word of Blake Drone design that was used against Allied Coalition during last years of the Jihad. The ship is configured use its high speed and forward angled weaponry to hit its opponents.
 Ship History
The Dragau II was originally produced by the CASPER II Drone, using Gazelle Class DropShip as basis the design. The ship took the form of a fighter like appearance, which its controllers took advantage of when it finally saw combat against Wolf's Dragoons invasion of Mars in 3067. The original Dragau was used in coordinated attacks with other drones in swarm-like packs. During Operation SCOUR, the ship saw significant action fighting during the campaign against allied coalition forces. Notably during the Liberation of Terra in 3078, the ship was noted for one of its damaged units ramming and destroying a Zechetinu Class WarShip, FSS Excalibur.
After the Jihad and the formation of the Republic of the Sphere, the need to build up the RAF had need patrol vessel. Like its larger companion vessel the Tiamat, the design was adapted for manned use. Due to readiness of New Earth shipyard, which were geared for the Drone's production, less work was required get the craft in production. However, converting the Dragau for manned use was time consuming and called for a complete redesign of the craft as Dragau II. The Dragau II, like its drone predecessor, was designed to use it high-speed and maneuverability to handle enemy opponents. The ship is noted for its cramp crew quarters and its lack of durability for long deployments..
 Armament and Capacities
The majority of the craft's weaponry are mounted in the forward arcs.
 Nose-Mounted Weapons
The craft's nose weaponry is its six Heavy PPCs and a pair of Heavy Gauss Rifles with 32 rounds of ammunition. The nose is protected by two Anti-Missile Systems with 48 rounds of ammunition.
 Front Left/Right Wings
Each of the Dragau II's wing sections features the following weaponry; Two Artemis IV guided 15-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers, two ER PPCs and two advance technology Large Variable Speed Pulse Lasers. Each of the LRM launchers is provided with 96 rounds of ammunition.
 Aft Left/Right Wings
Only pair of rear facing Large VSP Lasers are mounted in each wing section.
 Aft Weapons Bays
The aft facing weapons bays, include pair of Large VSP Lasers backed up by two Extend Range Medium Lasers. It also four Anti-Missile System batteries are provide for point defense.
The Dragau II's is protected by 66.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Aluminum Armor. The ship features a single cargo by able carry up to 174 tons of supplies for the ship with single cargo door to provide external access. 
- Dragau Assault Interceptor Caspar II Drone
- The original experimental drone version of the Dragau was a faster vessel. It featured the CASPAR II Advanced Smart Robotic Control System which provided for a descent robotic gunnery capacity was able move at maximum speed factor of 14 gravities. The ship had slight increase armor protection, while in weapons load out differs with swap in the number craft's AMS systems from manned version's rear to the front. BV(2.0)=14,358
As of this writing, only the Drone and 3097 versions of the Dragau has a canon published record sheet.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Dragau II
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 38 - BV2 for Dragau II.
- ↑ Technical Readout 3085 Supplemental, p. 38 - Description of Dragau II in Republic service.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 180 - Dragau II's early history.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 38 - Dragau II's up to background to 3085.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplement, p. 38 - Specs for Weapons and Equipment from Republican version of the Dragau II.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 181-182, 211 - Dragau Drone Background & Record Sheet info.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 216