|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|CO||Colonel Akilah Hellecksen|
The Dragonslayers were a mercenary unit working under long-term contracts with the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces and later the Federated Commonwealth. During the Ronin War they were used by the Duke of Tamar to try and prevent Kandis from joining the Free Rasalhague Republic. The pro-Republic forces hired the Insect Brigade to counter the Dragonslayer's presence, and a tense standoff was resolved only when the two units came to blows. The two mercenary forces and the population of Kandis were whipped into a frenzy, and many lives were lost. Repairs to the planet's HPG allowed word to reach Tharkad and the Archon ordered the 3rd Lyran Guards to restore order. At the same time, the Free Rasalhague representatives petitioned Kanrei Theodore Kurita to intervene, and he sent the Shin Legion. The Dragonslayers were forced to surrender by the Shin Legion.
The two regiment-strong command participated in the War of 3039. They landed on Altais, supporting the 8th Donegal Guards and Gray Death Legion in the first wave of the Commonwealth thrust. They faced the 1st Ghost and 2nd Ghost regiments, driving them offworld. The world would be isolated in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery counterattack, however, and in November 3039 the LCAF withdrew.
Later they fought against Clan Jade Falcon on Quarrell. This battle cost them a large amount of equipment. Because they hid some of the captured Clan technology, the Dragonslayers were accused of breaking their contract, and were later found guilty by the MRBC. (The Dragonslayers did in fact withhold equipment from the Federated Commonwealth, but the unit did so because the FC was feeding them incorrect information about the location of captured Dragonslayers personnel.)
In 3066, the unit supported Marshigam’s Legionnaires on Conquista during a raid, but suffered heavy loses. After this, their new employer was the Marian Hegemony. While stationed on Lissa, they defended the new General Motors production line against several bandit raids. The Marian high command ordered the mercs to search and destroy the base of the raiders. The command captured two companies' worth of equipment, as well as an Overlord DropShip. They traced the bandit leaders to Valerius. There, the rebels were captured and executed, which caused much disdain among the locals. Local forces began anti-riot campaigns to calm the situation. During another raid against another bandit base, the unit captured a Word of Blake Demiprecentor during a weapon deal.
The Dragonslayers were posted to Valerius in 3079. In 3081 the Dragonslayers were still on Valerius. Five of their MechWarriors were kidnapped, killed, and beheaded. The heads were left in a bag near the Dragonslayer base. The Dragonslayers retaliated by destroying the neighborhood that held the factory with the log on the bag.[clarification needed] This heavy-handed action spurred the Valerians to move from civil disobedience to outright rebellion. This assault was later described as "horrific" and led to the Lothian League rebelling against the Marian Hegemony. It also prompted the Hegemony's V Legio to rebel. They remained on Valerius in 3085.
They use a large formation that breaks down into smaller commands when the situation demands it.
The unit can only cover a fourth of their repairs and lacks any transport capacity.
Dragoon Rating: C
Dragonslayers (1 Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
The Dragonslayers(1 Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Sturm Hellecksen
- XO/1st Battalion: Lieutenant Colonel Domonic Cazzell
- 2nd Battalion: Major Jarrod Davis
- 3rd Battalion: Major Jennifer Eberhardt
- The medium weight regiment includes extensive upgrades
Dragonslayer Air Wing(1 Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- Wing Commander: Major Hubert Wong
- The medium fighters are ideal for interception and ground support
- CO: Colonel Sturm Hellecksen
- CO: Colonel Akilah Hellecksen
- - As of 3145 the Dragonslayers were operating at fifty-five percent of full strength and were based in the Huntington system.
Tarantula in Dragonslayers colors.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 105
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 106
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 112-113
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 28-29
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 74
- Hot Spots, p. 62
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 12
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 19
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 132
- Era Report: 3145, p. 78
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 144
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 161
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 161, "Major Periphery States - Marian Hegemony"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Marian Hegemony"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook), p. 41
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 65 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p.51