|Dragonstar Passanger Transport (PT)|
|Manufacturer|| Yakima Enterprises |
Stellar Trek Enterprise
|Use|| Multi-Use Passenger Transport |
|Type (Shape)||Civilian Spheroid|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 2x Large Lasers |
4x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| Nose: 85 |
|Crew|| Total: 46
The Dragonstar Passenger Transport is a Small Craft which was used in the Draconis Combine as an intersystem shuttle for government and military personnel. The standard model was developed in the early twenty-seventh century, however the ship's history can be traced back to an earlier vessel named the Dragon’s Stars which was used during the early expansion era of the Draconis Combine. The older vessel became a symbol of the growing nation as diplomats were shuttled to worlds poised to join the Dragon. The Dragonstar was the result of a significant updating of the original craft, to carry on the old one's legacy.
The ship was used to ferry governmental personnel as well as military troops in a star system. Due to its ease of construction and low cost to build, it was used for centuries after its introduction. It has periodically been updated and became an integral part of the Draconis Combine's space transportation network.
Weapons and Equipment
The one-hundred fifty ton vessel was built using basic construction methods for Small Craft. Its fusion engine propels the ship to a maximum thrust factor of 8. Its hull is covered with standard armor, which protects it in the case of an enemy boarding action. The crew is assigned to steerage quarters, while the forty Jump Infantry troopers that it houses are assigned to the Jump Infantry Bay. Civilian passengers can also be assigned to sleep in that bay if the ship is not assigned troops.
While still listed as a passenger vessel, the ship is modestly armed with two Large Lasers mounted forwards and aft, an array of Medium Lasers, with one mounted to cover each firing arc.
- Bay 1 - Jump Infantry Bay (2) - 2 Doors
- Bay 2 - Cargo (16.5 tons) - 1 Door
- Dragonstar Assault Transport (3060)
- Purpose built as a military transport, the Dragonstar AT is an updated variant of the original. The changes allow it to carry squads of Battle Armor in its Battle Armor Bay. First produced in 3060, the ship's weapons were updated to extended-range versions. An ER Large Laser and an ER Medium Laser are mounted on the front, two additional ER Medium Lasers are mounted in the rear, and the original side mounted Mediums are replaced with pulse versions. While it retained the original's armor protection, the cargo bay was reduced to a mere four and a half tons. BV(2.0)=1,175
As of this writing, the Dragonstar and it's variants are not listed on the Master Unit List. Errant with Battle Armor bay found in the Dragonstar's AT (3060) variant, which notes in fluff it having a Battle Armor Compartment while, the record sheet notes it has a long-term quarters in form of a Battle Armor Bay.[clarification needed] 
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.190-191, 201 - Dragonstar Passenger Transport - Battle Value 2 noted.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.190-191, 201 - Dragonstar Passenger Transport -Background information for vehicle.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.190-191, 201 - Dragonstar Passenger Transport - Weapons and Equipment found on the vehicle.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.190-191, 202 - Dragonstar Passenger Transport - Variant information including Battlevalue 2.