- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation|
|Parents||Stephen Edward Liao (father)|
As Chancellor & Hostage
The son of Stephen Edward Liao, Duncan Liao was elevated to the Chancellorship of the Capellan Confederation when his father died of pneumonia. His father had elevated many of his military officers into positions of power and influence during his extreme fascination and buildup of the armed forces.
In 2451, Chancellor Duncan moved to curb the Turkish General Ral Merik's political and military influence, including reducing the general's personal regiment in size by half. General Merik and seized the winter palace, capturing Duncan.
First Time of Tribulation
After taking Chancellor Liao captive, General Merik appointed himself ruler of the Capellan Confederation. He bestowed upon himself and his unit the title of the 'Time of Protectors of the State.' His era of rule soon became known as the 'Time of Tribulation.'
In February of 2452, Duncan Liao had decided after seven months of captivity, he was unable find way out. He decided to sacrifice himself for sake of his people. He rigged the electrical system of his small room to catch fire. His suicide freed his people to act against General Merik.
Family and Legacy
At the time of his death, Duncan was survived by only his sister, Jasmine Liao.
Titles & Positions
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation
| Succeeded by|
|Duke of Liao
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 163 (PDF), "The Capellan Confederation's Line of Succession and Partial Liao Family Tree": years of Duncan's birth, reign and death
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 34, "Tribulations"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 34 Tribulations - Short Reign of Duncan Liao.