18th Marik Militia
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Marik Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||Second Sight (2765)|
The Rose of Connaught
|Parent Formation||Marik Militia|
Star League Era
When the Star League Council issued the Council Edict of 2650 limiting the size of the military maintained by each Great House the Eighteenth Marik Militia was one of nineteen regiments within the Militia to remain active. Like the other regiments of the Militia, the Eighteenth remained a popular unit with both the commoners within the League and the peerage because of their public dedication to the people of the League, and like the other regiments of the Militia often acted as training grounds for troops across the League. A significant number of the personnel serving in other more prestigious federal units and various provincial forces within the League had actually begun their careers in the Eighteenth or another of the Marik Militia regiments. The Eighteenth had the unfortunate distinction of being the lowest priority for supplies from the Quartermaster General, due to long-standing disciplinary problems.
During the Marik Civil War, the Eighteenth Militia supported Anton Marik, initially meeting with great success in their battles. They quickly subdued Sorunda. On New Olympia, however, the cadets of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School managed to hold off the Eighteenth until reinforcements could arrive. These actions cost the Eighteenth Marik Militia a battalion of BattleMechs. After the Twenty-first Centauri Lancers arrived to reinforce the cadets, the Eighteenth left New Olympia and secured Drusibacken. They then planned an attack on Keystone. This attack was apparently unsuccessful, as was a raid on Emris IV where the Eighteenth was savaged by the Sixth Orloff Grenadiers and Eighth Orloff Grenadiers. When the Eighteenth relocated to New Delos, they could only muster a battalion of troops.
Fourth Succession War
War of 3039
In 3039 the Eighteenth took the world of Hall from the Federated Commonwealth quickly and easily. Unfortunately the Black Widow Company led the counterattack, capturing part of the Second Battalion and smashing the other two battalions. The Eighteenth withdrew to their base world to rebuild.
With the revelations of the Jihad and the fragmenting of the Free Worlds League the Eighteenth suffered a crisis of conscience. In 3076 they left their post on Connaught and struck out for the Periphery border. While resting on Umka, they were contacted by the planet's government which offered to feed, clothe and house the unit if it defended them from pirate and Marian Hegemony attacks. While considering this offer, the governments of Eleusis and Aspropirgos made similar offers to the Eighteenth. After some deliberation, the Eighteenth decided to accept these offers. As of 3079 a battle group based around one 'Mech battalion is present on those worlds.
The command could not fight as an cohesive unit because of the bad influence of the CO's. Once a proud unit it has developed to a running joke within the brigade.
Eighteenth Marik Militia (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Isadora Alvarez
Eighteenth Marik Militia (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
Eighteenth Marik Militia (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Jerome Merz
- CO/First Battalion: Colonel Jerome Merz
- XO: Lieutenant-Colonel Julie Kiel
- Second Battalion: Force Commander Halle Frazier
- Third Battalion: Force Commander Joseph J Schifrin
- Wing Commander: Commodore Kristen David
Sixth Connaught Light Recon (The Newgrange Battalion) (1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Daniel Morney
Twenty-third Atrean Jump Infantry (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Arrigo Sacchi
The Eighteenth Marik Militia came through the Jihad in relatively good shape. They had only lost about twenty percent of their pre-Jihad strength. The larger problem is the poor morale of the unit. Though their new duties buoyed them for a time, the realization that the Free Worlds League is gone has made the Militiamen cynical.
Troops originally from the Eighteenth Marik Militia make up the bulk of the Fourth Marik Protectors in 3085, under Force Commander Halle Frazier, this unit maintains the traditions of the Eighteenth. 
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p.10, "Marik Militia"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 18
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 23
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 27
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 27
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 32
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 31
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 63
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 15
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 63, "18th Marik Militia Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 149
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- Field Manual 3085, p.