- Ander's Moon redirects here. See section Ander's Moon for details.
(References to Elidere)
Elidere neighbouring systems
|Planets||(implicitly at least 4)|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Planetary flag of Elidere IV
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Ruler|| Michael Hasek-Davion, Duke of New Syrtis|
President Jalson Hasek-Davion, Count of Elidere City
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Gregory Killos)|
The Elidere system features at least one inhabited planet, Elidere IV.
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2581 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Disputed system (Draconis Combine / Federated Suns) 
- 3135 - Disputed system 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Geographically, Elidere IV is a rather small and drab world. It possesses several modest deposits of oil and metals that provide the resources for the planet's metals industry. The largest manufacturer on planet produces agricultural vehicles for the planet's farming industry.
In 3022 Hanse Davion installed Michael Hasek-Davion as the world's noble ruler after the previous ruling family was wiped out in a DropShip accident. Located in the Draconis March, the assignment of Hasek-Davion as the ruler was suspected as a means of reducing his political power. This was backed up by Hanse Davion's request for some of the elite forces of the Capellan March to garrison the world.
The (apocryphal) 1989 computer game MechWarrior prominently features the world of Ander's Moon in its storyline. Ander's Moon is not mentioned anywhere else. The game features only altogether 145 prominent worlds from the BattleTech universe on its starmap. The map is slightly warped and the positions of the worlds often inaccurate, but the location of Ander's Moon corresponds with the position of the Elidere system that is not itself mentioned in the game. This suggests that Ander's Moon may be a secondary settled world in the Elidere system.
Within the game, which is primarily set in the years from 3024 through 3028, Ander's Moon is described as a mostly agricultural backwater world with fifty million inhabitants. The environment is closer to desert than to jungle.
The world was colonized "centuries ago" by the Vandenburg and McBrin families and was rewarded with a dukedom by Prince Davion for the valor of its warriors in the succession wars. Upon the death of the old duke, the new duke is elected by the Council of Representatives and anointed with oil from the sacred Chalice of Herne, an ancient artifact from old Terra that had come to symbolize the office of duke. The title has thus passed between Houses Vandenburg and McBrin over the centuries, creating a bitter rivalry. On March 1, 3024, duke Cameron Vandenburg's castle was assaulted by the Dark Wing as part of Operation Inroad and he and his family were killed, save for his son Gideon Braver Vandenburg. The game puts the player in Gideon's place, tasked with tracking down the Dark Wing and the Chalice of Herne by April 8, 3028.
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 198, "Elidere IV"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 41, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130