Elizabeth Jordan Liao
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Elizabeth Jordan Liao|
|Mandrissa of Carver IV|
Elizabeth Jordan Liao (Born 2986 – Died 3030) was the second wife of Chancellor Maximilian Liao of the Capellan Confederation during its darkest days in the Fourth Succession War. She was considered very beautiful, and Maximilian Liao apparently felt genuine affection for her.
She was known to be a firm supporter of her husband's policies, but was not particularly loyal to Maximilian himself, as she had an affair with Pavel Ridzik which was discovered by spy Alexi Malenkov on Terra in 3028 at Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner's wedding. It is implied that she had repeatedly run away from Maximilian to then return back.
Disappearance and death
Romano Liao hated her stepmother with a vengeance. When Elizabeth Liao made preparations to run away with wayward Colonel Pavel Ridzik (who himself was making preparations to secede his Tikonov Commonality from the doomed Capellan Confederation and form the Tikonov Free Republic) near the end of the Fourth Succession War, she was captured by Romano Liao's agents and forced to write a verigraph message luring Ridzik into an assassin's trap. She was promised that she would be allowed to live with Ridzik afterwards, but was killed after composing the message. Her corpse was found around May 3029 with clear indications that she had been murdered, but officially it was announced that she had died in a swimming accident.
When Ridzik was killed by means of a slow-acting and very painful poison, the assassin also informed him of Elizabeth's fate. The verigraph message indicated that Elizabeth Liao may genuinely have loved Ridzik, who for his part felt he was above such irrational feelings yet found her an attractive companion.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 126, "Elizabeth Jordon Liao bio"
- Warrior: Riposte; Warrior: Coupé
- Warrior: Coupé