(References to Eltanin)
Eltanin neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Chiho Saito (Governor)|
Loren Kraven (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until August)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Info
Eltanin has a lot of agricultural, petrochemical, and mineral wealth that is easily exploited. Obviously settlers and colonists took advantage of these resources to build their world into a strong economic position. The easily accessible resources were more than offset, however, by the presence of a virus that causes the "Eltanin Brain Fever", an airborne virus that destroys the central nervous system. Strangely, even the native lifeforms were not immune to the virus and eventually they all went extinct. Terran animals and humans were able to survive by using a series of inoculations and antiviruals, but even after centuries of occupation the virus remains deadly.
Exacerbating the problem is Eltanin's sun. Scientists believe that sometime in the next 8000 years it will reach the end of it's lifespan and go nova. The upside to this threat is Eltanin's reaction: The citizens of the world have created one of the most efficient disaster-preparation plans ever conceived of by humans. Eltanin emergency service agencies train for every disaster they can think of, ranging from forest fires to an order to evacuate the world. In addition, Eltanin boasts 59 spaceports. Though most are closed, the spaceports can be opened and ready for traffic in a matter of hours.
Eltanin was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad; in late August 3075 forces from Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 9, "Eltanin World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130