- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Emile Falkner Liao|
|Duke of Liao|
|Children||Franco Liao, Kurnath Liao|
Emile Liao (full name Emile Falkner Liao, b. 2278  - d. 2356) was the third president of the Independent Republic of Liao who stopped the Capellan-Supremacy War. He was also creator of the Duchy of Liao and its first Duke.
Most of Emile's life is unknown as the official records start in 2308 when he led a rag-tag fleet of merchant vessels against an FWL fleet led by Admiral Ishidai and managed to inflict heavy losses on them without losing much himself, starting the blockade of Liao which lasted until April of 2309. He did this to defend Arboris which gained protectorate status by the Liao Republic.
In the years that followed the lifting of the blockade, Emile Liao raised both his planet's and his own influence primarily through the accumulation of additional merchant shipping. At the time of his death, the merchant marine was above a thousand vessels in strength.
In addition to building a shipping empire, Emile also collected several new worlds for the Republic of Liao and transformed it into a fully fledged Duchy of Liao in 2315 and appointing himself Duke.
Emile Liao had a single son by the name of Franco Liao, who succeeded him as a duke and later formed the Capellan Confederation.
Possibly Martell Liao?
|President of the Independent Republic of Liao
| Succeeded by|
|Duke of the Duchy of Liao
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)- Liao Family Tree
- Handbook: House Liao, p.13