Enhanced Prosthetic (Claws)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
A common tool used by field agents with Enhanced Prosthetics, Claws were special climbing enhancements which allowed an agent to ascend any non-smooth surface (wood, unworked stone, etc.). These small retractable claws could also be used in melee combat to devastating effect, especially if the agent was trained in a martial arts style which took advantage of them. These claws worked best when installed in all four limbs, otherwise climbing gear was necessary to offset any absent components.
As with other prosthetic enhancements these were employed only by the intelligence agencies of the Inner Sphere with agents who already had a Type 3 or superior prosthetic limb. The Clans were too philosophically opposed and the Periphery too poor to make use of them beyond rare cases. Among the Manei Domini this upgrade was available to all agents with the necessary prosthetic limb.
In CBT play each conventional infantryman equipped with Claws enhanced limbs adds .02 to a platoon's damage value, however it can only applied to other infantry engaged within the platoon's hex and the sum of all prosthetic weapons must be rounded normally before being applied. In RPG play this limb has the following statistics in addition to all rules associated with enhanced limbs.
- Equipment Ratings: D/C/C
- Range: 2/5/8/12 meters
- Cost: -1
- Notes: 1x1d6 damage in melee; -1 TN modifier to climb (per limb)
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 111
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 109
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 124-125, 130