Epimetheus (Individual Potemkin-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
Clan Goliath Scorpion
As at 3061 the Potemkin-class cruiser Epimetheus was a WarShip within the Clan Goliath Scorpion touman and was serving as the CGS Epimetheus. Described as an aging vessel, the Epimetheus was attached to Tau Galaxy as a transport vessel at the time, and was reported to have recently been damaged in a collision with another vessel above Tokasha, the Lola III-class destroyer CHH Gold Knight.
Clan Snow Raven
Crippled as a result of the action above Tokasha, the Epimetheus was gifted to Clan Snow Raven by the Goliath Scorpions, although the Epimetheus wasn't listed amongst the active vessels in the Snow Raven touman by 3067. Despite this, the Epimetheus evidently survived the Wars of Reaving and in 3079 was a part of the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star.
In or around 3090 the Raven Alliance found its need for a dedicated transport fleet of WarShips lessening, and Diamond Shark Khan Nagasawa saw an opportunity for a beneficial trade. In 3091 he proposed to Clan Snow Raven that four Diamond Shark WarShips be exchanged for four Snow Raven WarShips. This proved a contentious proposal for the warriors of the Snow Raven touman, but ultimately the trade was agreed. The Diamond Sharks transferred four WarShips to the Snow Ravens - the Nightlord-class battleship Terror of the Deep, the Essex-class Tracy and Architeuthis and the Fredasa-class transport Swift Strike - and in exchange received three Potemkin-class cruisers (the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan) and the Volga-class transport Scavenger.
Clan Diamond Shark
The Diamond Sharks evidently renamed the four ships, although it is unclear exactly what the four ships were renamed to. Three Potemkins were active amongst the various Khanates of Clan Sea Fox in the Dark Age with names previously unseen in canon, suggesting that the Epimetheus, Treachery and Wild Swan correspond to these three ships, but this has yet to be confirmed. The three newly-detailed Potemkins are the Atlantean, the ArcShip of the Skate Khanate, the Abyssal, home to the Skate Khanate's Beta Aimag and the Voidswimmer, home to the Delta Aimag of the Spina Khanate.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 108, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 63, "Tau Galaxy (Alexandretta Garrison)"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18-19, "Fleet Assets"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 74-76, "Alliance Naval Star"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169-170, "Clan Sea Fox"