- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Yankee Weapons Systems |
|Armor||Pribak 9000 with CASE|
|Engine||Ford 350 XL|
|Communications System||Faulk 203 Comset|
|Targeting Tracking System||KBC Starsight Model QTA1|
The Excalibur is designed to engage an enemy at long range and use its mobility to dictate the ranges of the engagement. The 'Mech is named for the appearance of the muzzle and dummy hand on the right arm, which reminded the design team of the look of an medieval Terran sword. The EXC-B2 first saw service in 2620, and served with SLDF forces well in Operation Smother and the Amaris Civil War. However, the Excalibur has proven to be most potent when supported by other types of BattleMechs, primarily due to insufficient armor. Through the Succession Wars and Clan Invasion era, the Excalibur has become an exceptionally rare sight in the Inner Sphere, excluding those fielded by the ComGuard and the Word of Blake Militia. The Excalibur has had a bit of a revival due to Yankee Weapons Systems novel production of the 'Mech on New Earth in 3058.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech has an impressive top speed of 86.4 km/h, which is made possible through the use of a Ford 350 XL engine. The Excalibur carries a relatively light seven and a half tons of armor, with CASE in both side torsos to protect against an ammunition explosion. With its mission of long-range combat, the Excalibur does not need a very large amount of armor protection. The Excalibur dissipates its waste heat through the use of eleven heat sinks. For added protection against missile attacks, the Excalibur has a McArthur Anti-Missile System.
As its primary weapon, the Excalibur carries a powerful Grizzard Model 200 Gauss Rifle that has an effective range of up to six hundred and sixty meters. This is backed up by an Ingrid Systems LRM-20 with an Artemis IV fire control computer for increased missile accuracy.
- The C1 configuration of the Excalibur increases its defensive combat capabilities. This is done by removing the Anti-Missile System from the 'Mech, as well as removing one of the 'Mech's double heat sinks. The tonnage saved goes toward adding an additional Medium Laser and increasing the 'Mech's armor protection to nine tons. BV (1.0) = 1,456, BV (2.0) = 1,637
- Following the fall of Terra in 3058, ComStar no longer had any factories, let alone ones that could produce the Excalibur. They solved the latter problem in mid-3067 by contracting with Independence Weaponry on Quentin to produce a variant that has been well-received in both the ComGuard and DCMS. The CS removes the Gauss Rifle to make way for a Lord's Light 2 ER PPC and twelve double heat sinks. Four ER Medium Lasers and an ER Small Laser ensure that the Excalibur CS is a threat at close range, as well. Thirteen and a half tons of armor protect this variant better than any other configuration of the Excalibur. A Targeting Computer helps guide the direct-fire weapons. Finally, Triple Strength Myomer harnesses the heat buildup of the CS to make it faster.BV (1.0) = 1,553, BV (2.0) = 2,174
- The variant is a radical reworking of the Excalibur by Word of Blake that was first reported to have been seen in 3067 on Outreach. All the weapons are removed to make way for eleven and a half tons of armor and enough jump jets to vault the 'Mech up to one-hundred fifty meters at a time. A short-range arsenal is in place for the remaining tonnage, anchored by a Rotary Autocannon/5. It, along with two ER Medium Lasers, are made more accurate through an advanced Targeting Computer. A Streak SRM-6 enables highly-accurate missile fire. An Improved C3 CPU aids in targeting with the other five members of the Level II. BV (1.0) = 1,824, BV (2.0) = 1,949
- EXC-C1 Excalibur Cernunnos
- Mysterious Excalibur variant reportedly piloted by a former Clan Smoke Jaguar warrior of the Aerospace pilot genotype. This warrior has been code named by intelligence agencies as Cernunnos. This Clanner's mysterious 'Mech has been completely refitted with additional armor and revision of its principal weapons' layout. The Gauss Rifle has been replaced with a Star League tech ER PPC and fitted with an LB 20-X Autocannon and 3 tons of ammunition. The 'Mech is protected by 12 tons of armor with CASE protecting the ammunition. BV (1.0) = 1,420
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade, p. 216
- MUL online entry and Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 216 date the EXC-B1 Excalibur to "2619". However, RI, TRO3058, TRO3058U sites performance during the Reunification War. Perhaps another Excalibur variant will be published.
- Combat Operations, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 282
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 245
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 30
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 124
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 216
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 246
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 172
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 26
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 283
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 247
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 216
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 284
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 248
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 285
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 249
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 10 - Excalibur Cernunnos - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- Master Unit List
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs
- Rhonda's Irregulars (scenario pack)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075