|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||6|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||35,000|
|BV (2.0)||200 launcher/25 ammunition|
The Extended LRM (ELRM) system was designed by engineers in the Federated Commonwealth to offset the incredible range advantage of most Clan weapons. The ELRM pairs a standard LRM to a booster system that gives the missile more fuel, and thus, more range. Offsetting the range advantage is the fact that the minimum range of the weapon is increased by over 50%, combined with a reduced ammunition capacity and a heavier, bulkier launcher.
The ELRM cannot use the improved guidance systems like the Artemis IV or Narc Missile Beacon. Special munitions are not available for the ELRM. If a rack of ELRMs fires at a target inside the minimum range, half the missiles will not arm. By 3080, all Extended LRM launchers would enter limited production and start to appear on more technologically advanced combat units in the Post-Jihad Era.
ELRMs are manufactured at the following facilities:
|Unknown||New Avalon||Achernar BattleMechs||???|||
|Unknown||Coventry||Coventry Metal Works||???|||
|Holly EX||New Valencia||General Motors||PDG-1R Pendragon|||
|Zeus Astrapios||Keystone||Earthwerks-FWL, Incorporated||APL-4M Apollo|||
|Type IVE||Kendall||Kali Yama Weapons Industries||ON3-M Orion|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 207, "Jihad Techology Advancement Table" -
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table (Addendum)"
- Tactical Operations, p. 327, "ERML Launcers"
- Tactical Handbook, p. 58, "Game Notes"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 138, "PDG-1R Pendragon"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 116, "APL-4M Apollo"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 132, "ON3-M Orion"