External Stores Hardpoint
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
An External Stores Hardpoint is a common feature on military aircraft including Aerospace Fighters and allow craft to carry additional equipment including fuel tanks, sensor pods and ordnance. They are less commonly found on civilian craft but, while normally used for non-military purposes, can be easily converted to carry deadly munitions.
Aerospace and conventional fighters receive external hardpoints for free equivalent to their tonnage divided by 5 (rounded down), and each hardpoint can carry one bomb. Fixed-Wing Support Vehicles must install hardpoints and receive a number equivalent to their tonnage divided by 10 (rounded down). For every five tons of external ordnance carried, reduce the unit's Safe Thrust value by 1.
- TechManual, pp. 216-217, "External Stores Hardpoint"
- Total Warfare, p. 245