|Unit Profile (as of 3081)|
|Parent Formation||Silver Hawk Irregulars|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
Fourth Succession War
Known for their prowess against border raiders, the Falcons' luck ran out on Dubhe in 3049 when they were reduced to Battalion size by the Seventeenth Arcturan Guards RCT. After rebuilding, the unit did not see action again until Operation Guerrero.
After the Jihad the Falcons were stationed on Amity and Danais. They reported to the Marik Commonwealth, but made it clear that their first loyalty was to the Silver Hawk Coalition. In 3079 Corinne Marik made it clear to the Falcons that she intended to recapture several worlds that were claimed by the Republic of the Sphere.
Operation Golden Dawn and Unit's Destruction
In March 25th 3081, the Silver Hawks Irregulars were dispatched to New Hope, where they recaptured the planet from control of the newly formed Republic of the Sphere. In April 3rd. Republican force belonging to Operation Golden Dawn, over a three month period the large sway of exFree Worlds League woulds would be seized by Republic of the Sphere ending with the destruction of the Falcons and its sister regiment Gryphons.
The remains of the Silver Hawk Coalition would refused sign a peace treaty with the Republic. With the destruction of its military along with the Falcons. Undeclared peace was established, after the Stewart and Marik Commonwealth signed a treaty peace with them. The Republic would announce any effort to reform the Falcons and Gryphons would considered a act of war.
Despite being barred from reforming, the Silver Hawks Irregulars were reformed in 3137 by Captain-General Anton Marik as part his efforts to build up his military. The Republic of the Sphere, now shredded by multiple invasions were unable to stop him or the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. However, only a single unnamed Regiment would be formed, leaving the Falcon name domant.
The light equipment is best used during fast battles and the officers at company level and above have the authority to act on their own when the situation is created. They are known for their skill in small-unit battles.
- CO: Colonel Michael Cameron-Witherspoon
- CO: Colonel Glendon Lorch
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Glendon Lorch
- XO: Force Commander Stanley Mercer
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Elias Gallagher
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Andreas Mousis
- Wing Commander: Commodore Vyacheslav Grodszinsky
Falcon Recon 4 (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Derry Larkin
3rd Callison (1 Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Lieutenant Colonel Willow Jones
- No Detail Information Available
Notes: The Falcons were at two thirds of their nominal strength.
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 36, 38
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 87
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 86
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 89, "Falcons Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 8
- Field Manual: 3085, pp. 16-17 Operation Golden Dawn "Silver Hawk Irregulars noted for being cause of the conflict, when and what world they took.
- Field Manual: 3145, p 108 - Silverhawk Irregulars/Atrean Dragoons/Protectorate Guards "Later source book spells out the Silver Hawks were destroyed and why they were not reformed until later.
- Field Manual: 3145, p 108 - Silverhawk Irregulars/Atrean Dragoons/Protectorate Guards "Silver Hawks Irregular reformed, but not the Falcons.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 155