- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||1,700 m|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||32|
|Armament|| 18 x Heavy Naval Gausss |
22 x Killer Whales
40 x Large Lasers
14 x NAC/40s
15 x Heavy NPPCs
|Grav Decks|| 1 x 45 meter diameter |
1 x 150 meter diameter
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||75/50|
|Heat Sinks||4,130 Heat Sinks|
Designed as a pure battleship, the Farragut-class WarShip was commissioned to replace the aging Dreadnought-class and Monsoon-class vessels. The Farragut was the brainchild of Lord Richard Cameron (25th c.) of the Terran Hegemony. Design of the Farragut began in 2430, but Richard died before the first Farragut slipped its mooring in 2448. The name pays homage to Admiral Isaac Farragut, hero of the Battle of Lyons, making the Farragut both an impregnable naval vessel and a symbol of Hegemony martial pride. 
The Farragut-class battleship performed several roles in the Hegemony fleets, including line ships and flagships, but the Farragut was also capable of operating independently. The largest class of naval vessel at the time of its introduction, the Farragut served admirably, but production faltered due to a combination of price and newer, more advanced features on recently designed classes. Production of the Farragut ended in 2500, however Farraguts would serve in the HAF for centuries to come. The last Farragut-class vessel was decommissioned (and slated for dismantling) on 12 December, 2766.
The Farragut was designed as a fighters and a showcase vessel for the newly designed Naval Gauss Cannons, of which the Farragut possesses 18. Beyond the Naval Gausses, the Farragut also mounts massive naval autocannons, Killer Whale missile systems, and Heavy NPPCs. For point defense, the Farragut can deploy an entire wing of Aerospace Fighters, and shoot down incoming bogies with a massive array of Large Lasers.
The Farragut is also relatively maneuverable, especially for a combat Jumpship, and is well armored.
The Farragut can transport a massive payload. The Farragut could deploy with a full wing of Aerospace Fighters (36 fighters), housed in three of the Farragut's five bays. Another bay was designed to carry small craft, allowing the Farragut to transport up to 10. The final bay is a dedicated cargo bay, capable of containing 183,414.5 tons cargo.
- Word of Blake
- WoBS Righteous Justice - Commanded by Gregory Zwick, the Righteous Justice was the Word of Blake flagship during Operation SCOUR's assault on Terra, successfully destroying in 3078, the Com Guard flagship the Cameron-class CSS Invisible Truth, commanded by Zwick's former friend Alain Beresick.  The Righteous Justice didn't survive the battle for Terra, and was one of a dozen Blakist WarShips to be destroyed in the Sol system.
- MUL online date for the Farragut
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp. 230-232, "Farragut Ship Profile"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 100-101, "The Final Dance"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"