- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Cavalry Point, Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster, Iota Galaxy|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Mechanized/Hover (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||20 (5/4)|
|Primary Weapon||20 Mauser IICs|
|Armor||Clan Standard Infantry Kit|
|Tech Base/Rating||Clan (E/X-F-D)|
|Transport Weight||20 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||-2 (0 Hexes), 0 (1-3 Hexes), +2 (4-6 Hexes), +4 (7-9 Hexes)|
Operated by the Sixty-seventh BattleMech Cluster, fast recon cavalry points are infantry officially intended to travel across the battlefield in small hovercraft, keeping up with the Cluster's scout elements. Given the enclosed environments that the Sixty-seventh preferred to operate in, the fast recon infantry acted as capable scouts, but were constrained in the firepower they could deploy because of the carrying capacity of their hovercraft and were correspondibly vulnerable in direct fights. It was not uncommon for the fast recon infantry to be used by the Hell's Horses as distractions to allow scout tanks that had been damaged to retreat safely from the battlefield.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 210-211, "Hell's Horse"