Federated Suns Lancers
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Federated Suns Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
As part of the AFFS defensive rearmament program of 3132, the Federated Suns Lancers were expanded into a full brigade. The Federated Suns Lancers had already grown to include five 'Mech companies and an additional regiment of battle armor, and the AFFS took these elements and divided them up into three new commands. Thanks to an influx of graduating academy classes, the brigade was able to muster four commands relatively quickly. This was technically the second time that the Federated Suns Lancers had been the genesis of a combat brigade, the ill-fated FedCom Corps having also been based on the Federated Suns Lancers a century before.
Dark Age Invasions
The Federated Suns Lancers were on the front lines when the Capellan Confederation and Draconis Combine launched invasions of the Federated Suns after the collapse of the Republic of the Sphere. The First Federated Suns Lancers were destroyed on Palmyra in the infamous DCMS ambush, while the Third Federated Suns Lancers were rendered ineffective through combat losses on Tikonov. The survivors of the Third were subsequently rolled into the Second and Fourth Federated Suns Lancers after briefly being taken in by the Eighth Crucis Lancers.
With the death of Marshal Addison Donaque on Palmyra along with the First Federated Suns Lancers, General Torger McGaha of the Fourth was promoted to the position of brigade commander. McGaha was formerly a member of the Republic Armed Forces, but had retired from the RAF to join the Swordsworn prior to joining the Lancers.
Units of the Federated Suns Lancers
- First Federated Suns Lancers (Destroyed during the Palmyra Debacle)
- Second Federated Suns Lancers
- Third Federated Suns Lancers - (Destroyed on Tikonov in 3145)
- Fourth Federated Suns Lancers
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
The Lancers' parade color scheme is navy blue with gold banding on the arms and legs. Gold is also used on the upper torso of the ‘Mechs and the turrets of armor units to highlight panels, resulting in a checkerboard pattern. Shades and patterns may vary from unit to unit.
The Lancers' Unit Insignia is that of Lance on the Federated Suns sunburst..
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 72, "Independent Commands"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 73 "Federated Suns Lancers"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 42