|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||1,025 m|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Top Thrust||3 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||20|
|Armament|| 20 x ER Large Lasers |
20 x Large Pulse Lasers
20 x ER PPCs
8 x Light NPPCs
6 x Medium NPPCs
4 x Heavy NPPCs
10 x NL35
8 x NL45
6 x NL55s
|Grav Decks||2, both 90 meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||24,24|
|Heat Sinks||2,440 Double Heat Sinks|
Aware that the alliance with the Free Worlds League was temporary, Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao ordered the development of an independent warship program that relied solely on Capellan Confederation resources for production. Using data received and/or stolen from the Word of Blake and Free Worlds League respectively, the Capellan Confederation further upgraded the Necromo Shipyards to the point where warships could be constructed completely on site. The Feng Huang-class cruiser being the first wholly Capellan warship constructed in the modern era.
Intended as a counter to the Thera-class carrier, the Feng Huang was built with the assistance of the Word of Blake and designs stolen of the League's Thera carrier. It features the maximum amount of armor it can carry and an energy-based weapons system. Massive fuel and cargo capacities as well as no ammunition requirements allow the Feng Huang to operate away from port for extremely long periods of time. It has been described as the perfect raider, strong enough to kill defended targets and fast enough to flee what it can't kill.
A total of six vessels are scheduled to be constructed. Cost and resource limitations make additional WarShips unlikely.
The cost of the Feng Huangs formidable armor is an at best merely adequate weapons array for its size, favoring all energy weapons to ensure maximum endurance on long patrols. In the nose and aft bays four ER Large Lasers, four Large Pulse Lasers and four ER PPCs support two capital grade NL35s. In each fore and rear angle the Feng Huang carries two ER Large Lasers, two Large Pulse Lasers and two ER PPCs as back-ups for the one NL35, NL45 and NL55, Further capital weapons come in the form of a single Light NPPC and Medium NPPC. Taking a cue from the angles, each broadside mount the same weaponry save for adding another NL45, an extra Light NPPC and two Heavy NPPCs.
In addition to a Lithium-Fusion Battery, the Feng Huang may carry a massive 97,221 tons of cargo, supporting the vessel during long range patrol and raiding operations. The craft also includes provisions for 26 aerospace fighters along with its ability to carry six DropShips.
- Feng Huang (Upgrade) Cruiser - Part of a program to improve the class. Two ships, CCS Ilsa Hyung and CCS Aleisha Kris, have received this "Upgrade" modifications which were first seen in 3070. The modifications include slight doubling of its Fore-Left, Right & Aft-Left and Right broadsides Capital Weaponry. Bay 3 of the ship was given 7 Doors to handle the ship's new 123 aerospace fighter compliment. Both cruisers saw heavy naval actions above Sian in 3074 fighting the Word of Blake's naval forces. With sterilization of Necromo and its Shipyards, it is unclear if further upgrades can be completed. BV 2.0 = 124,119
 Named Vessels
- CCS Elias Jung - The Elias Jung was the first Feng Huang launched. The ship debuted in mid-3058 with the blockade of Sarna to support the invasion of Kaifeng by Warrior House Hiritsu. Commanded by Kong-sang-wei Tullio Kar until his replacement, the Elias Jung was responsible for blockading the planet Milos against SLDF interference in 3061 Elias Jung was little more than paper tiger at the time and required extensive overhaul, re-entering service in 3062. It was one of two Feng Huangs to survive the Jihad.
- CCS Franco Martell - The Franco Martell launched in 3062. The ship was deployed to Halloran V in 3077, where the ship was destroyed by a Blakist SDS as it escorted liberating forces to the planet.
- CCS Aleisha Kris - The Aleisha Kris was launched in 3063. It was upgraded by 3070. The vessel was in the Sian system to defend the Capellan capital in September 3070. Together with the Ilsa Hyung, other Capellan WarShips and fighters, the Aleisha Kris drove off the Word of Blake invaders. The Aleisha Kris and Elias Jung were the only two Feng Huangs to survive the Jihad.
 See Also
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 307
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 17
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 212-213
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 18, "Feng Huang (Upgrade) Cruiser record sheet".
- ↑ Dagger Point
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Field Report: CCAF, p. 6, "No Port to Call Home"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 3 - Halloran - 5th McCarron's Armored Cavalryman recounts events in orbit during the Jihad.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "What We Saw"
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 5
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 111-112 & Blake Ascending, pp. 271-272, "Word of Blake Returns to Sian!"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, pp. 34, 150-151