|Ferret Light Scout|
|Manufacturer||Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion|
|Engine||Tyron 25 I.C.E.|
|Communications System||Achernar Standard|
|Targeting Tracking System||IsBM Lantirn|
1x Machine Gun
|BV (2.0)|| 55|
The Ferret Light Scout VTOL was first introduced to House Davion troops in 2904. The vehicle serves as an advanced scout with the ability to monitor enemy troop movements and even radio in artillery strikes.
The vehicle is lightly armored and a hit from nearly any kind of 'Mech weaponry will destroy the Ferret. However, the Ferret's job is to avoid combat and to aid in that role it is equipped with a superior targeting and tracking system, the IsBM Lantim. This system provides a heads-up display (HUD) which can display information from up to fifteen remote sensors simultaneously . The Ferret can therefore monitor a wide swath of territory via those remote sensors.
Weapons and Equipment
The Ferret is armed with a MainFire MiniGun, intended for use only against the occasional infantry forces it may encounter. In its primary role as a scout and forward observer, the Ferret will rarely, if ever, encounter 'Mech forces directly.
- Ferret Fermi
- Developed for the Coalition's assault on Terra, the Ferret Fermi uses a Fusion Engine to provide a maximum speed of 240km/h. The Fermi is protected by a half-ton of Vehicular Stealth Armor and a Clan spec ECM Suite. This renders it invisible to all but the most sensitive sensor systems. This allows it to deposit the contents of the single ton Infantry Bay under fire.
- MUL online date for the Ferret
- Combat Operation, p. 126
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 8-9, "Ferret VTOL Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 8-9, "Ferret VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 6
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 4-5, "Ferret VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 7
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 8
- Experimental Technical Readout: Phantoms, p. 7